• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High levels of Nitric oxide a cloak keeping xmrv hidden

G

Gerwyn

Elevated NO levels are a common finding in ME/CFS sufferers.A high nitric oxide level can Keep XMRV latent or hidden and or at a very low replicative titre .This is a common effect of NO where latent viruses are concerned. I was avirtual vegetable for four years untill someone gave me rediculously high doses of IV B12 which mops up No like a sponge.I was actually markedly better within four hours.totally anecdotal but it makes me wonder if XMRV if causative does its dirty work in its latent phase
Nitric Oxide Down-Regulates EpsteinBarr Virus Reactivation in Epithelial Cell Lines
Purchase the full-text article

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Xiangrong Gaoa, Masako Tajimab and Takeshi Sairenjia, 1

a Department of Biosignaling, School of Life Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Nishimachi-86, Yonago, 683-8505, Japan

b Central Clinical Laboratory, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, 173-8606, Japan
Received 7 December 1998;
revised 16 February 1999;
accepted 6 April 1999. ;
Available online 27 March 2002.

Abstract

Nitric oxide (NO), a mediator of biological functions, has an antimicrobial activity against a variety of pathogens including viruses. In this study, we found that a constitutive, low level of inducible NO synthase (iNOS) mRNA was expressed in the EBV-infected gastric tissue-derived GT38 and GT39 cell lines, by analysis with the reverse transcriptionpolymerase chain reaction (RTPCR) and Southern blotting. Treatment of these cells with a specific NOS inhibitor, NG-monomethyl-Image -arginine (Image -NMMA), induced the immediate-early, EBV transactivator gene BZLF1 protein ZEBRA, suggesting a significant increase in EBV reactivation by Image -NMMA. Northern blotting demonstrated that BZLF1 and BRLF1 transcripts were also induced by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13 acetate (TPA). Meanwhile, constitutive expression of iNOS mRNA was inhibited by TPA. Image -NMMA also enhanced TPA-induced expression of the BZLF1 gene. On the other hand, a NO donor, S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine (SNAP), which releases NO in an aqueous solution, inhibited the TPA-induced BZLF1 gene expression in a dose-dependent manner at both mRNA and protein levels. These results demonstrated that NO is a regulatory factor in maintaining virus latency via inhibiting EBV reactivation in the infected epithelial cells.

Virology
Volume 258, Issue 2, 5 June 1999, Pages 375-381

markmc20001

quitting caffine is the best thing I have ever done for my health. It took a year or more to realize the benefits though

busybee

A high nitric oxide level can Keep XMRV latent or hidden and or at a very low replicative titre .

untill someone gave me rediculously high doses of IV B12 which mops up No like a sponge.

I was actually markedly better within four hours

Or maybe it was the NO causing the symptoms and the NO does give us some protection??

Years ago a doctor in N.Y. gave me B12 and magnesium IV pushes. For two days I felt 100% normal. B12 IM shots do nothing for me. I just got a rx for nasal b12. I've since had one or two B12 IV's and it did nothing. It may have been the push and the kind of b12?

G

Gerwyn

Years ago a doctor in N.Y. gave me B12 and magnesium IV pushes. For two days I felt 100% normal. B12 IM shots do nothing for me. I just got a rx for nasal b12. I've since had one or two B12 IV's and it did nothing. It may have been the push and the kind of b12?

Mine was the myers very much b12 and mg pushes i tink it is a combined effect

I think what I got in the IV pushes was the methylcobalamin form. I've asked for it when I was in the hospital getting IVIG but they said the methylcobalamin form was only available in emergency kits for some kind of poisioning

*GG*

quitting caffine is the best thing I have ever done for my health. It took a year or more to realize the benefits though

I have recently done this, alongside with alcohol, what have you noticed? I did it so I would not lose more nutrition than necessary to help strenghthen my body after my last flare up!

usedtobeperkytina

Since studies show our body tends to be stuck in sympathetic mode, we need to calm our CNS system down, not rev it up. This is why "uppers" are not good for us with CFS.

Tina

usedtobeperkytina

And

And by the way, I noticed that if I have some sweet tea, our favorite beverage here in the South, before breakfast, I get the shakes.

I like Nyquil when I have the flu. But I avoided taking any medicine during the day when I have the flu. I thought the symptoms were part of immune system getting rid of and killing the virus.

But one day, for whatever reason, I tried Dayquil. I started having strange feelings. I called the customer service line on the bottle. I described what I was feeling. It was a disconnected but driven feeling. The bottle said adverse reactions could be sleepiness or hyperactivity.

The lady said I definitely was having a reaction. She said that Dayquil is just Nyquil with caffeine added. Nyquil naturally has anti-flu symptoms meds that just naturally cause drowsiness. So to counter that, they pump Dayquil with caffeine. And some people can't take it.

So when I go to doctors and the forms ask about sensitivities, I put I am sensitive to caffeine.

Tina