• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising Donate Button Has Been Broken

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
It is with great chagrin that I have to inform anyone that attempted to use the Donate Button on the Forums that it has not been functional. :eek: Anyone who did try to donate should be getting a notice back that your donation went to an unused account. Please let me know if you find differently or have any problems. :(

(One way you can tell if its working is if you received a Thank You post; if you didn't receive one it didn't go through).

My apologies! :worried::worried:

The button has been fixed by the way.

Dolphin

It is with great chagrin that I have to inform anyone that attempted to use the Donate Button on the Forums that it has not been functional. :eek: Anyone who did try to donate should be getting a notice back that your donation went to an unused account. Please let me know if you find differently or have any problems. :(

(One way you can tell if its working is if you received a Thank You post; if you didn't receive one it didn't go through).

My apologies! :worried::worried:

The button has been fixed by the way.
Sorry Cort, I tried to put that $100,000 through but when the button didn't work, it went on a horse race.;)

Dolphin

I had a feeling something like that had happened. I'll bet that horse didn't come through either - damn!
:Retro smile:
Actually, it won. But I figured while I waited for the button to work, I could put the money to work and win some more ... unfortunately that's where everything went wrong. :Retro wink:

Esther12

I made a very minor donation a while a go (early feb). I've got a paypal receipt and can't find any notice of a refund. Lucky I wasn't very generous!

Lily

*Believe*
I made a very minor donation a while a go (early feb). I've got a paypal receipt and can't find any notice of a refund. Lucky I wasn't very generous!

You will get a PayPal receipt, but if you didn't get a thank you from Cort, the money is probably just sitting there and 30 days after the date of your donation PayPal will send a notice that the money is being returned to your account indicating the recipient is Unregistered. That's what happened with me. The charge had been made to my credit card and everything seemed fine until I received that notice 30 days later. In going into the PayPal account to look at the transaction, it was not completed and indicated the monies were "unclaimed".

Dolphin

Of course I could have turned your donation over for you many times over by now.
Yes, will keep that in mind next time. :Retro smile:

Good to see some donors. I gave a donation before but unfortunately the donation button was working. :Retro wink:

But seriously, hope lots of people give - one gets a good service on the site and Cort has brought great "energy" and enthusiasm to the field.
Also there didn't seem to be much discussion of what was happening in the US for a few years there but the forum has helped bring things together.