• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IV treatment KDM

MadeleineKM

Hi everyone! I am new on this forum. My name is Madeleine I have been ill for 20 years. Just started treatment from KDM but I could not handle oral antibiotics and therefore I am going to Brussels for IV antibiotics 12 weeks, my sister too. I am wondering a lot about the practical things, like living there, distances etc. Does anyone here want to share their experiences? Thanks :)

msf

Hi Madeleine, there is a KDM patient's group where you can discuss this kind of thing - just find it in the 'Groups' and ask to join.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I am going to be there for 6 weeks soon - the accommodation os horrifically expensive - so a real problems and not much in the north of the city near the clinic. Im staying in the Pegasus aparthotels (2 bedroom serviced apartments) in Grimbergen which is very near the clinic. As I have to get taxis there I couodnt manage being too far from clinic as it all gets so expensive!

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
@MadeleineKM, where do you come from?
and are you able to travel "alone", If yes, you can find cheaper place but not near the clinic.
You can take the bus (who is near the clinic).
Read my advices/tips in the KDM's group. If you have any question, ask.
I live in Brussel and I have already done the IV "trip"...;) one year ago.

Clodomir

MadeleineKM

Thanx a lot to all of you!!! Good
Information, hope to join the group. Will check out Pegasus too! We also need something close because it would be too expensive and exhausting with long taxitrips and we are to ill for the bus. The living is the big question because it seems like its difficult to find a place that is not to expensive. My sister is doing the IV too at the same time, we will be starting in August most likely. We come from Norway :)

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
Hi,
You can maybe find your apartment on Immoweb.be or zimmo.be
You have to choose your location: Never-over-hembeek of Vilvoorde or a little bit far
You will find a few things, but it is not easy to find something only for 3 month... and very expensive
You can also ask the nurses at KDM office. They have sometimes ideas.
An other "solution" if your not too ill and you can have help, is to spend the 3 days (the first treatment) in a hotel (eurovolley center)
and take the rest of the week at the sea (the train is not far) and you can rent something nice for a month (or more) at the sea... But if it is in august, it will be short...
Some of the flemish people, come only once a week just to fix the porta-cath, and then a nurse came every day to give the perfusion... ask the KDM's nurse how they do that... and with which service/company... I think it is not very expensive. and so you can choose where to go...

Clodomir

Helen

Hi everyone! I am new on this forum. My name is Madeleine I have been ill for 20 years. Just started treatment from KDM but I could not handle oral antibiotics and therefore I am going to Brussels for IV antibiotics 12 weeks, my sister too. I am wondering a lot about the practical things, like living there, distances etc. Does anyone here want to share their experiences? Thanks :)
Hi Madeleine,

I have sent you a PM about some other options to get the infusions, not in Brussels.

Last edited: