• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free uterus, lightly used, will ship anywhere except the UK

wciarci

Wenderella
Thanks Victoria, I will ask my doctor about it but I am pretty fed up with the 'U' at this point. I don't need it, I don't want it and it has been a real bitch to me, so, out with it I say!

Anika

Wendy, a lot of us with soon to be superfluous organs are eagerly waiting to hear what you learn!

Thanks for your good example to us.

Anika

Victoria

Thanks Victoria, I will ask my doctor about it but I am pretty fed up with the 'U' at this point. I don't need it, I don't want it and it has been a real bitch to me, so, out with it I say!

Me too, in fact mine was way past retiring age & was a bitch with 10 puppies hanging off :D

I can tell you, I was home & dancing around the room 3 hours after the 90 second laser procedure - much, much better than the hysterectomy (which is the usual procedure for my problems).

(I dreaded the thought of 4-6 weeks recovery from the possible hysterectomy & worse, as my FM really plays up after major surgery, it would have been really problematic for me).

But these 90 second laser procedures are the way to go, if possible.

It's 2 months now, & not a the remotest side effects at all.

Whatever happens, hope you have a speedy recovery........

Best Wishes

natasa778

Anyway, I did email the WPI so we'll see if they reply!

If they are not interested maybe ask P Sharma from Emory, they just looked at 'U's from xmrv infected monkeys she may be interested to look at the real thing!

wciarci

Wenderella
I am not looking forward to the surgery but my hospital does robotics so 2-3 weeks recovery time! This bitch is going down!

FernRhizome

Good luck with the surgery and I hope life is much better post surgery! I offered WPI my frozen bone and muscle biopsy (already in the deep freeze) several months ago but have not heard a word back. ~Fern

wciarci

Wenderella
Hi Everyone, Just an update. After reading all your posts and others regarding the hysterectomy, I have decided to wait. My doctor didn't tell me that my bladder could fall and that I would need another operation to correct it, plus who wants their bladder falling out of their vagina. You know men don't have these problems, their bladders couldn't possibly fall out of their penis. It's not fair. Plus they never go through menopause but they do deal with those of us who do, so maybe that evens things out. Thanks for getting my humor, not everyone does. I have some traumatized students as we speak.

Wendy

Victoria

Phew! Wendy,
I am so glad to hear you decided to wait.
A Hysterectomy is major stuff.
I'd hate to go through it like my Mother did (& have a prolapsed bladder ever since).

I see my Gyn. surgeon for a 3 month followup tomorrow (after my endometrial ablation at end Dec 2009).

I will be pleased to report to him, I have not had one single side effect from that 90 second laser ablation.

I'm glad I had the laser, as opposed to a hysterectomy & 4-6 weeks recovery (or in my case, it probably would have been 4 months recovery - I don't recover easily from major surgery. It's like my body is so traumatised by the surgery, it takes sooooo long to recover).

Try out some Bach Rescue Remedy regularly several times a day. It's my magic potion. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. But for less than $20 for the small bottle of tincture, it's worth trying.

wciarci

Wenderella
Thank you Victoria for your post and encouragement,

Yep, I'm keeping the 'U' and the 'O'. I will look into your tincture. Right now I am crashed again. What the hell? I thought I was getting better, high functioning and all. I forgot my husband's name the other day. Jeeeze.

Wendy

Victoria

Don't worry about forgetting your husband's name, Wendy :D

You only have to worry when you forget your OWN name! :D

When I saw my Gynaecologist last Wednesday, I got excellent feedback & follow up.
In this modern age of laser etc, there are certainly times when removing an organ is no longer necessary.
He showed me the photos of my U before & after the 90 second laser procedure & all's well. I asked him what happened to the destroyed endometrial lining after the laser.

Does it slough off or what?

He said it is vapourised! Pouff! The layer that is destroyed completely disappears.

I have to say after all the months I suffered with symptoms, I only wish I had gone to the Dr earlier & had it done years ago.

A friend with endometriosis was taking chinese herbs & various supplements for the pain.

One day, we were out having lunch & she was struck by such severe pain, I thought she was going to pass out. I put a couple of drops of Bach Rescue Remedy on her inner wrist (as well as on the top of her tongue).

She said it was like magic. The pain (on that day) completely disappeared.

I'm not saying Bach Rescue Remedy works for everyone, in every type of emergency or pain situation, but just sometimes it's like waving a magic wand.

I've seen it work magic on my Mother the morning after a bad angina attack. She was over the attack but very nervous & distressed. When I put Bach Rescue Remedy on her wrist, the lines of distress & fear melted from her face & she was calm & collected.

Bach Rescue Remedy seems to work better in emergency or extreme distress. Works for bad nerves too when you're going for an exam or job interview.

Doesn't work for a head ache or something ordinary (in my experience).

There's certainly plenty of alternative things to try before you think of having a hysterectomy.

Best Wishes for the Future

Vicki

Thank you Victoria for your post and encouragement,

Yep, I'm keeping the 'U' and the 'O'. I will look into your tincture. Right now I am crashed again. What the hell? I thought I was getting better, high functioning and all. I forgot my husband's name the other day. Jeeeze.

Wendy

xchocoholic

what a great thread ... lol ...

I'd never heard that our bladders could fall ... what if they already have ? At 54 years of age, lots of things have fallen ...

I was wondering... why didn't he offer to tack it up while he was in there ? Is that an option ?

wciarci

Wenderella
Choco, I don't think they can tack it up, they have to put a net in or something. I know about the fallen things and the wobbly things. What is up with my arms. I hate wearing short sleeves!

Vicki, I think I will try the tincture but right now the endo pain is fine, it's just the bleeding every day that is getting to me. After the biopsy though, I had some pain and bleeding but have not been bleeding for 3 weeks. I shouldn't say that too loudly. Thanks again

Wendy

kerrilyn

Yes, definitely I've heard this bladder complication before. That's why I've been so stuck on keeping my parts for as long as I can - even though I 'hate' them for the most part. My mom didn't have a hysterectomy and her bladder has fallen anyway with age, not out the vagina tho - that's severe. NO, NO don't want that!! But, as it is, she has the worst time with incontinence now. Hence the importance of pelvic floor exercises I guess.

I already suspect I have pelvic floor dysfunction, that could be part of my pain issues. And both my mom and I have a tipped uterus.

A hysterectomy is also not always a 'cure' for endometriosis because if any miniscule endo is left somewhere in the pelvic cavity, with the ovaries still producing hormones (and it's the hormones that make the endo grow) it can continue to grow without the uterus even there. And since I've never done well with synthetic hormones, I want to keep my ovaries.

I'm thinking of getting an laser ablation done (that sounds like what you had Victoria?). When I was in my 20's a GYN told me it wouldn't help because my primarily complaint was pain, now it's bleeding (and that's been horrible for a long time), so I think I may give something like that a shot.

Some people have had great responses with hysterectomies and others not, so you just never know what is 'right'. Why isn't anything easy???

Good luck Wendy, hope you feel better soon.

wciarci

Wenderella
Thanks Kerrilyn, yes I too have endometriosis, confirmed with hysteroscopy but the real problem with the bleeding is the uterine fibroid but great news, no cancer, so we can wait. My doctor was way too enthusiastic with the new robot hysterectomy thing. I don't think I trust robots.

Vicki, forgot to post about the husband thing. There was a post I read somewhere about what CFS is and what mental fog was. She said that it wasn't a matter of forgetting where you placed your keys, but what the keys were for. Now, I haven't misplaced my husband, just his name sometimes (I called him Mom the other day, lol) and we have all had the putting the milk in the stove or other mishaps. But now I wonder, What is this husband thing for? Oh yes, now I remember, he turns down the heat and puts duct tape on things that should be fixed!

I have had a great time posting with you ladies, I wonder if we should have a forum site just for us? We could call it the Woman's Room, or A Room of One's own (love virgina wolfe), or 51% or the Parlor. Of course the men can have their site, we could call it the garage. lol

Wendy

Victoria

Wendy (& anyone else who is interested) might like to read about Novasure, the laser procedure that I had done, together with a hysteroscopy (to check for cancer),

http://www.how-to-avoid-hysterectomy.com/novasure-endometrial-ablation.html

My surgeon also removed a uterine polyp (I had some of these removed some years ago), but left the 2 small fibroids alone. He said the small fibroids would shrink after the laser procedure.

Thanks Kerrilyn, yes I too have endometriosis, confirmed with hysteroscopy but the real problem with the bleeding is the uterine fibroid but great news, no cancer, so we can wait. My doctor was way too enthusiastic with the new robot hysterectomy thing. I don't think I trust robots.

Vicki, forgot to post about the husband thing. There was a post I read somewhere about what CFS is and what mental fog was. She said that it wasn't a matter of forgetting where you placed your keys, but what the keys were for. Now, I haven't misplaced my husband, just his name sometimes (I called him Mom the other day, lol) and we have all had the putting the milk in the stove or other mishaps. But now I wonder, What is this husband thing for? Oh yes, now I remember, he turns down the heat and puts duct tape on things that should be fixed!

I have had a great time posting with you ladies, I wonder if we should have a forum site just for us? We could call it the Woman's Room, or A Room of One's own (love virgina wolfe), or 51% or the Parlor. Of course the men can have their site, we could call it the garage. lol

Wendy

kerrilyn

Wendy, glad there was no cancer. That would be a relief.

Thanks for the link Victoria.

Sasha posted on another thread about tranexamic acid (called Cyklokapron in US). Not to be used if you have clotting issues (thrombosis) http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?3879-Increased-CFS-symptoms-and-hormones-.../page2

It's suppose to help with heavy bleeding. Actually a doctor prescribed this for me earlier this year but I was hesitant to use it. I have a catch-22 thing going on, during the months of less bleeding I have more intense pain. I was coming off of months of pain and I didn't want to push my luck, but now it's the opposite problem so I'm ready to give it a try.