• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any DVDs available on MECFS in the US?

Dr.Patient

There is no kinship like the one we share!
Patients need to have such dvds in their hands so they can physically hand them to their local physicians to watch later. This is a very powerful tool in our hands. Most physicians do not have the time to get to know our illness in an office visit.

I haven't seen any dvds like this in the US. The movies are all as invisible as the illness itself.

They are available either on YouTube or by rent or in some formats not supported.

If we are trying to make this illness visible to people, why are we hiding them in weird ways?

How come they are not available in ready to play DVD formats?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Patients need to have such dvds in their hands so they can physically hand them to their local physicians to watch later. This is a very powerful tool in our hands. Most physicians do not have the time to get to know our illness in an office visit.

I haven't seen any dvds like this in the US. The movies are all as invisible as the illness itself.

They are available either on YouTube or by rent or in some formats not supported.

If we are trying to make this illness visible to people, why are we hiding them in weird ways?

Do you have particular DVDs in mind? That is, particular titles?

Dr.Patient

Voices in the shadows, canary in a coal mine, forgotten plague, blue ribbon, ...

Invisible the movie is available in a DVD format.

I really would like to get Voices in the shadows movie in a DVD format to play in the US television DVD player.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Voices in the shadows, canary in a coal mine, forgotten plague, blue ribbon, ...

Invisible the movie is available in a DVD format.

I really would like to get Voices in the shadows movie in a DVD format to play in the US television DVD player.

Take a look here for Voices from the Shadows:

http://voicesfromtheshadowsfilm.co.uk/dvds/

It says the DVD is in PAL format and should be viewable in the US. There's a contact page on that website if you want to discuss anything with them.

Canary in a Coalmine is being filmed now and won't be out until 2017, I think.

The Blue Ribbon was the original title of what will now be The Forgotten Plague and that will be released this summer. At that point, I think you'll be able to play it in a DVD format.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
@Dr.Patient - personally, I couldn't watch Voices from the Shadows - too upsetting.

However, I think that Forgotten Plague will be very watchable and perhaps an easier sell to a physician. They've just released their theatrical trailer:

and are looking for people to help organise screenings. I think you (and we all) could do a lot of good by helping to get screenings where doctors would see them. Med schools? Seminars? Conferences?

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...people-to-stage-screenings.32035/#post-587593

*GG*

Take a look here for Voices from the Shadows:

http://voicesfromtheshadowsfilm.co.uk/dvds/

It says the DVD is in PAL format and should be viewable in the US. There's a contact page on that website if you want to discuss anything with them.

Canary in a Coalmine is being filmed now and won't be out until 2017, I think.

The Blue Ribbon was the original title of what will now be The Forgotten Plague and that will be released this summer. At that point, I think you'll be able to play it in a DVD format.

Yeah, I have this DVD, it works in my DVD player. I'm in the US and my DVD players have had no problem playing them. FYI

GG

Dr.Patient

Yeah, I have this DVD, it works in my DVD player. I'm in the US and my DVD players have had no problem playing them. FYI

GG
Thanks. Is that Voices from the shadows DVD you're talking about?

Is yours a bluray DVD player, or regular? Does it play on both, thanks.

*GG*

Yes, talking about Voices from the Shadows.

I think it was non-Blu Ray player. Not sure if it plays on both, I would think it does, that's the way technology usually works, you just will not get a better pic on Blu-Ray.

GG

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

What is the likelihood that a doctor would watch a DVD handed to him/her by a patient? I haven't had much success with handing them printed material. What do you think we could say to increase the likelihood of getting them to watch a DVD or read either the 4 page or the 20 page IOM report on CFS?

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
I just searched for the title and found the whole thing on YouTube here:

I plan to watch it before buying 10 copies...