• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for adb12 that is low-FODMAP (no sugar alcohol)

I'm trying a low-FODMAP diet this month to sooth my gut wall and increase mercury excretion.

Chris Shade of Quicksilver mentioned in his Mercola interview that an inflamed intestinal wall can't transport mercury and other toxins out effectively; so this month I'm going to get my gut lining as healthy as possible (mostly by avoiding FODMAPs and taking probiotics) and see if I notice any health improvements.

I also want to try IMD+R-ALA+Vit C+glutathione, but that's another story.

Unfortunately, the Source Naturals Dibencozide that I've taken for years contains sorbitol and mannitol. The new one by Lynch's Seeking Health is xylitol-based. Country Life has sorbitol (and folic acid, another "no" for me). All sugar alcohols (the "-ol" sugars) are high-FODMAP, and I need to avoid them for at least the next month, or maybe forever if this goes well.

Anyone know of sugar-alcohol-free version of adenosylcobalamin?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm going to try B12oils for a transdermal solution (pun!). Not sure whether to order just Adeno or Adeno+Methyl, though.

Thank you helen1, it's reassuring to hear that it works. With shipping, it's a little pricier than the supplements I was taking, but if it absorbs well then it will be worth it.

I think I'll try the one that has adb12 + mb12 + vit D. Love that he offers the Vit D too; I'm taking 8000iu vit D3 and am still below 50, so the extra D can only be good for me.

picante

@shoponl, I don't know if you found the transdermal B12 oils thread, but here is one of my posts on it:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/transdermal-b12-oils.33172/page-10#post-577416

I've been wanting to go back to the B12 oils myself (because of the sugar alcohols in sublinguals), but can't use the ones I have because of the D3 in them. I had lab tests in January that showed it was too much D3 for me. (I'm "overconverting".)

So I've been looking for a buyer for these oils before I order more oils without the D3. Message me if you're interested.

@picante,
I haven't found any with zero sugar alcohols, but I'm trying one without sorbitol, at least; Adeno B12 from Seeking Health (Ben Lynch) contains xylitol instead. I've tried a few tablets, and haven't noticed any problems.