• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New! Theatrical trailer for The Forgotten Plague - have a look, spread the link!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
https://www.facebook.com/CFSDocumentary/posts/949839868380202

Forgotten Plague on FB said:
In honor of May 12 awareness events today, we have a big announcement to mark the day: our brand new theatrical trailer.

Big shout-out to Nicole Castillo, Travis Preston, and David Conley for making it happen.

Take a look and help us share it all around!

Wow... just wow... it looks fantastic!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
@Sasha, then I went to the other vid w/ the jacket and really bawled. It's as if I generally dissociate from the hugeness of how hard life is. I can't verbalize it. But it leads to the awareness of how heroic each of us is, just making it through each day, more or less graciously.:love::hug:

I know what you mean - I don't cry about my own situation and somehow it doesn't really hit me but when I see other PWME in these videos, I'm in pieces!

Mind you, I'm also in pieces at the puppies in the snow in '101 Dalmatians' so maybe I'm just easily emotionally manipulated by films! :cool::dog:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Fabulous. It looks like the film I've been hoping someone would make. Is it going to be picked up by any TV stations (it looks perfect for Channel 4 in the UK)? That could be a game changer. Great stuff.

It would be great if a TV station put it on. I don't know what the distribution plans are but Ryan is very savvy. It wouldn't hurt to post on FB to suggest that to him, though, for those who are FB-capable!

SDSue

Southeast
Now this is what a stock photo of moderate ME/CFS should look like.

* taken from 0:22 sec in Forgotten Plague Theatrical Trailer:

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 8.37.33 AM.png

SDSue

Southeast
@Sasha, then I went to the other vid w/ the jacket and really bawled. It's as if I generally dissociate from the hugeness of how hard life is. I can't verbalize it. But it leads to the awareness of how heroic each of us is, just making it through each day, more or less graciously.:love::hug:
I love the word "hugeness". I spend most days in dissociated denial. I think that's why I spent so much time and energy looking for an alternative diagnosis - anything other than ME. I just can't accept this life sentence without parole. That is to huge.

Graciously? Some days more than others. :cautious:

"The price of anything is the amount of life that you exchange for it" - Henry David Thoreau (From Forgotten Plague Theatrical Trailer).

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I watched this superb, very skilfully made fundraising video that was featured on Jen Brea's Canary FB page yesterday (if anyone is on FB I think they should tell MERUK about it because it's not on their page!):

https://www.facebook.com/canaryfilm/posts/564222170382187

Very effective, and this excellent brother of a long-term PWME is 71p off £4,000 after just 12 days.

I think this shows what a well-done video can do. Like it or not, we've all been exposed to decades of TV and we're trained to respond to high production values!

Can't wait for Forgotten Plague and Canary to come out.

alex3619

What I found interesting is the notion of using civil disobedience. It is also the case, as stated in the trailer, that its about building up good things in society, not tearing things down. Civil disobedience, as a tactic, is about creating a better world. So it cannot be about violence or destruction. It does have to be about opposition. to things that are not working.