• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Daily Mail, Yolanda Fosters Lyme battle continues and take a bite out of Lyme.

msf

Hmm, I´m glad that the Daily Mail is covering this issue, but perhaps we could have a few more words about the issues, and slightly fewer pictures of celebrities sucking on limes? I´m slightly concerned that only result of this campaign will be that people won´t even be able to spell Lyme.

Antares in NYC

Compare that to this horrid, slanderous and downright nasty article at the Daily Beast:
"Real Housewife, Fake Disease"
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/21/real-housewife-fake-disease.html

It will make your blood boil.

BTW, it seems like the Daily Beast has an obsession with Lyme patients. All articles they have published on the illness are vicious, lumping Lyme patients with moon landing conspiracy theorists and rabid anti-vaxxers. They even got away with an article claiming that the reason LYMEryx was removed from the market was due to pressures from anti-vaccine activists --demonstrably a lie. The Lyme vaccine was a fiasco and a mess, and the government removed it from the market quickly because it was making people extremely sick.

Misfit Toy

I think it's great that she is spreading the word. I didn't realize she was so sick again. She is very fortunate compared to most with Lyme...she has money, so she may perhaps be able to make the disease more tolerable. She always seems fine on the RHW. Clearly, she is not.

It's a sad situation and I agree with an above statement...I wish they would get rid of the housewives biting into limes. They are not people to love, or really even think much of. It's all such drama, (William Shatner=gross) but any little bit of publicity helps.

It's a shame that celebrities make a difference with this disease, or any disease. It should be regular folks that make a difference.