• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Morse's thread: H1N1 Vaccine, ME & GWS, Rituximab treatment started

picante

I am starting this discussion for @morse27, a Frenchman who received the H1N1 flu vaccine with squalene (Pandemrix, by GSK) in the winter of 2009 and became ill, as did many Europeans. His first name is Yvon. He has been traveling to the OMI in California to receive treatment with Rituximab. He had his third infusion of RTX in March 2015. He started treatment 4 months ago and is now seeing some small improvements. In another 4 months, it should be clear whether the treatment can put him into remission.

Yvon is not fluent in English, and his ideas come out dense and chaotic even in French. I'm here to help him with language issues, including clarity. This will make it easier to identify his questions and answer them.

I have no knowledge about Rituximab and many other technical things he talks about, so I cannot answer his questions. We will start with his most pressing questions and add others later.

1. Yvon is also interested in hearing others' experiences with Rituximab treatment. And especially anyone with Gulf War Syndrome.

2. Are there any Gulf War desert storm veterans present on PR? He would like to hook up with them. Or for that matter, can you think of others who had vaccine-induced onset of ME/CFS? Feel free to add anyone to this discussion if you think they'd be interested.

3. As you may know, squalene is the same adjuvant used in the anthrax vaccine for those who fought in the Gulf War. In fact, GlaxoSmithKline labs interviewed him in 2010 and gave him a diagnosis of "Gulf War Syndrome". He is a civilian. No involvement in the Gulf War.

Yvon frequents many Gulf War Syndrome forums, where there is a lot of talk about GWS and ME/CFS, and whether they are basically the same illness, and why there is so much overlap in symptoms. Comments?

4. At the OMI, his SIBO lactulose test was the highest that particular nurse had ever seen. He has the results and can post them. His NK cells were "CD16+CD56 at 26%". Are there other people here on PR with NK cell results that high? Or others with severe SIBO?

5. In the 5th year of Yvon's illness, he started having "pseudo-comas": a sudden, total loss of consciousness. And he has lost all ability to sleep without sedatives. Rather than sleeping, he would go unconscious, with severe oxygen desaturation. Does anyone here on PR have this?

Thank you all! If you have questions, fire away! Yvon has no trouble reading English.

Last edited by a moderator:

picante

@morse27, I ran across this and thought you might like it, since you mentioned Yehuda Shoenfeld on another thread. It's an article on squalene:

For example, Tomljenovic in collaboration with the team led by professor Yehuda Shoenfeld (world expert in autoimmune diseases who heads the Zabludowicz Autoimmunity Research Centre at the Sheba Hospital in Israel) has demonstrated how the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine can raise your risk of brain autoimmune disorders. [...]
We have done the analysis on adverse events reported following HPV vaccination. It was published it in the Annals of Medicine. We took vaccines safety databases from various countries, and then we rated the adverse effects reported based on organ system. We found the most commonly reported adverse events following HPV vaccination are nervous system disorders of immune origin.
http://vaccinechoicecanada.com/vaccine-ingredients/a-glimpse-into-vaccine-adjuvants/

From the same article, here's the most incriminating bit, to my way of thinking. Squalene has been used in the placebo for at least one vaccine trial:
Immunologist, Dr. Pamela Asa was the first person to recognize that the autoimmune diseases she was seeing in military personnel mirrored those in experimental animals injected with oil formulated adjuvants. When she met a patient with similar autoimmune symptoms who had participated in an experimental herpes vaccine trial, who also knew he had been injected with MF59, a squalene adjuvant being used as a ‘placebo’ in that study, everything began to fall into place.
And this article from 2010 names AS04 as the adjuvant in Cervarix (HPV):
The adjuvant, ASO4 is one of the ingredients. This is the company's propriety [sic] squalene adjuvant.
http://www.rense.com/general92/hpv.htm

Last edited:

morse27

i discus today with a french woman who developted ASIA shoenfeld syndrom after DT POLIO vaccine in 2013 ,

this vaccin contain no squalen but aluminium salt , after 2 years , she know the same chronology and symptom than me , without impotence !! she has dry symptom in place.

she had in details the same symptoms , blood in mouth every time , there is no much sick patients in the world with this illness to hope research and any treatment !

yehuda shoenfeld used IVIG therapy and other to treat this illness , for the moment i try only rituximab and LDN ,

my squalen adjuvant was AS03 very similar with AS04 in HPV Cervarix of GSK

i know pam asa , i explain her my health problem with squalen vaccin,

she said me ,many governments call her to obtain informations after H1N1 pandemia vaccination in 2009 ,
because many people in the worl are affect by this adjuvant, and in fact she 's the first scientist to observe relation on GWV , she wrote on NCBI in 1999

picante

i know pam asa , i explain her my health problem with squalen vaccin,
I had never heard of her, so I searched and found this:
http://gea.tested.net/vaccine/Asa_squalene.pdf

Further analysis revealed that ASA were associated with specific lots of vaccine. The incidence of ASA in personnel in the blinded study receiving these lots was 47% (8/17) compared to an incidence of 0% (0/8; P < 0.025) of the AVIP participants receiving other lots of vaccine. Analysis of additional personnel revealed that in all but one case (19/20; 95%), ASA were restricted to personnel immunized with lots of vaccine known to contain squalene.

I also found the patent: http://www.google.com/patents/US6214566

And I found a statement on a forum (dated 2011) that Pam Asa had sold the antisqualene antibody test to the government. So the person was suggesting getting an ANA test from the VA. This seems to imply that the ASA (antisqualene antibody) has been made unavailable.
https://vagulfwartaskforce.uservoic...is-there-no-research-into-the-anthrax-vaccine

Yvon, you were able to get the ASA blood test, n'est-ce pas? Where?

morse27

i don't know where I can make this blood tests because Pam asa said me it's not correct to confirm the illness
she received more pressure by VA to loss this relation cause with war gulf illness.she not allowed to make it for me

morse27

i'll try to make this blood test in california if its possible , but i think with Rituxan therapy its possible to not detect anti bodies to squalen in relation with depletion of B cell lymphocytes , i know , in general antibodies exist in average 3 month after bio therapie , it was better to make this test before Rituxan infusion,

@picante your information on pam asa and gary studie is this one , VA refuse to consider able this blood test on veterans , in this studie you can see than 100% of vet with this illness have anti bodies to squalen!! curious

you imagine if the US government recognized the link between the use of squalen in antrax vaccin and sick soldiers gulf war , scandal and it would make economic cost to be paid to victims and families (more 250 000 soldiers)

in ASIA studies of yehuda shoenfeld , he says this illness exist with other adjuvant , or with silicon in mammary implant leakage on many womens .
74 % of sick patients in international list of this ASIA syndrom are after a vaccin with adjuvant , and sometime with toxic exposure

about squalen lot , its not possible, i've receive an other formula of squalen , the AS03 of GSK

and for soldiers in antrax vaccin its the first MF59 of NOVARTIS

in fact the risk its the same ,it is impossible to know who will be an autoimmune disease with this type of vaccine

its like Russian roulette!!