• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS and the UK General Election

charles shepherd

Votes so far….

• Will you be contacting your new MP after the election to ask him/her to join the All Party Parliamentary Group on ME at Westminster?
    • Definitely (42%, 5 Votes)

• Probably (17%, 2 Votes)

• Not sure (8%, 1 Votes)

• Probably not (17%, 2 Votes)

• Definitely not (16%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 12
Polls Archive

sarah darwins

Do you have any advice on which party to vote for, regarding their stance on ME?
(I get the impression none of the parties even know we exist...)

Isn't the point of the All Party Parliamentary Group on ME to build a non-partisan consensus for change? Things are more likely to get done if the partisan stuff is put to one side. If a site like this is seen carrying endorsements for one party or another, other parties are likely to become obstructive on principle. Politicians are like that. :bang-head:

Seems to me the ME Association have it right on this. Vote for whomever you want on whatever grounds you want, then lobby your MP, whether it's the MP you wanted or not, to join that group.