• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's behind the latest Dr. Oz controversy

sarah darwins

Almost exactly what some of us were saying last Friday: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...rs-call-on-columbia-univ-to-oust-dr-oz.36908/

Good to hear Bob Arnot speaking very sensibly on the issue. Interesting, too, to hear his criticisms in respect of the media for not scrutinising sources of "information" when those sources are scientists / doctors.

This whole business is getting very interesting. It really could blow up into something which shifts public perceptions and brings the whole money-driven 'science' propaganda industry into the spotlight. I welcome it, and hope Dr Oz does a good job. This is actually quite exciting! :D

sarah darwins

I think Dr. Oz is still a putz.

I don't think too many people would disagree (even though he's a pretty soft target by John Oliver's standards - I was somewhat disappointed when I saw that particular episode). But Dr Oz may prove to be an unlikely hero in bringing the dirty tricks and deliberate misleading of the public by both drug companies and BioTech firms into sharp focus. Those guys do a lot more harm than the supplement industry, but most people still have no clue what goes on.

The way the world works now, it probably needs a 'name' guy like Dr Oz to change the conversation.