• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplements in Europe - Where to order?

I have a really hard time ordering from iherb. They keep telling me it takes 14 days in average to get to Portugal but I think it's the 3rd time I order and takes 2 months.

I was wondering if you know of any place kind of cheap like iherb but for europeans?

thats great! i also find it's a cheap place :) you just saved me a lot of money

I notice you were the one writing on n-acetyl-glucosamine, i read your thread before! it's very interesting
where do you order it from? that website you gave me has almost everything i'm looking for though i doesn't have NAG.

EDIT: I found it there too :)

Hip

thats great! i also find it's a cheap place :) you just saved me a lot of money

I notice you were the one writing on n-acetyl-glucosamine, i read your thread before! it's very interesting
where do you order it from? that website you gave me has almost everything i'm looking for though i doesn't have NAG.

EDIT: I found it there too :)

Yes, HealthMonthly have good prices, often cheaper than eBay or Amazon.

Even cheaper UK sources of supplements are these guys:

www.myprotein.com

www.bulkpowders.co.uk.

They both sell supplements as bulk powders, which can often be around 5 times cheaper that the same supplements bought in tablets or capsules in a jar.

I usually get my N-acetyl-glucosamine from iHerb in the US.

NAG is also available on Amazon UK though.

you guys just gave me some great sources. i will check vitacost tomorrow too, but i think it didnt have everything i wanted, like uridine.
yeah, i was surprised to see it there. actually it pretty much has everything.

so this bulkpowders brand is any good? i saw it before and it was so cheap, i was afraid to buy it...

vitacost is out for me :(
Due to Portugal's import regulations, some products may not be available for purchase. If a product is restricted to Portugal, this will be noted in the cart along with instructions to remove that product before you’ll be able to complete your purchase. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I wonder if the same applies to the others...but as UK is in EU maybe its not a problem..
I will have to email

Hip

so this bulkpowders brand is any good? i saw it before and it was so cheap, i was afraid to buy it...

I have regularly used myprotein.com and bulkpowders.co.uk for 10 years. They have always been good for me. Fast delivery too.

I typically buy bulk powders like acetyl-L-carnitine, N-acetyl-cysteine, glutamine, taurine, colostrum, whey power isolate, creatine, BCAA, choline bitartrate, phosphatidylserine, etc. I can sometimes buy 250 grams of powder for the same price as a jar of 100 x 500 mg pills of the same supplement.

Last edited:
I have regularly used myprotein.com and bulkpowders.co.uk for 10 years. They have always been good for me. Fast delivery too.

I typically buy bulk powders like acetyl-L-carnitine, N-acetyl-cysteine, glutamine, taurine, colostrum, whey power isolate, creatine, BCAA, choline bitartrate, phosphatidylserine, etc. I can sometimes buy 250 grams of powder for the same price as a jar of 100 x 500 mg pills of the same supplement.

Im glad i asked, these are some good solutions. I hope they can send these things to Portugal.

On something else, I see you took amilsupride. My GP gave me it to try and it looks great on paper except for the fact that it raises prolactin. I found a study saying it raised it 8x..have you found this to be true and did it get back to normal after stopping amilsupride?

He wanted me to try it for 3 weeks but im worried because my prolactin in really on the upper limit, almost higher than it

Last edited:

Hip

I found a study saying it raised it 8x

Was that study using the full dose of amisulpride (up to 1200 mg daily), or the very low dose regimen (12.5 mg daily) that I take? If it was the full dose, then you would have to take into account that the 12.5 mg dose is 100 times lower than the full dose.

I have not had my prolactin levels tested, but I have noticed that my libido is lowered from amisulpride. This may be due to raised prolactin. But certainly I have not had any hints of gynecomastia (which high prolactin can cause in men) on this very low dose regimen, over the 3+ years that I have been taking 12.5 mg of amisulpride daily.

On the thread I started about amisulpride, @adreno posted a great link to this excellent list of prolactin inhibitors. As you can see from that list, vitamin B6 and vitamin E are good inhibitors of prolactin. So you could take these at the same time as amisulpride to help counteract the increased prolactin.

For me amisulpride was a Godsend, as I had fairly severe irritability symptoms, which were akin to those often found in autism. Even if someone said to me "Hello, good morning", just that would make me very irritable, and I would likely make a sarcastic remark in return, even though on most occasions I tried to 'bite my lip' and censor my irritable reactions to people. It was very unpleasant to be in this constantly irritable state.

I found amisulpride quite miraculous in being able to most eliminate this severe irritability. If I take a slightly higher dose of 25 mg daily, I become even more relaxed and even more tolerant of people; but I find that I start to lose motivation and proactivity if I use this higher dose. So I find 12.5 mg daily (a quarter of a 50 mg tablet) is a good dose level for me.

It is easy enough to try amisulpride for a few weeks. I found no problems in starting and stopping very low dose amisulpride (no withdrawal effects); but once I noticed the major benefits of this drug, I did not want to stop taking it.

Last edited:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2745860/

Here they say
After a written informed consent, on flexible dosing schedule, amisulpride 50 mg/day and lorazepam 2 mg were prescribed to be taken at night, with intention to treat; and periodic follow-up every two weeks was advised. In 2ndweek, she reported breast engorgement, galactorrhoea, decreased sexual desire, and sadness. Laboratory investigation, hemogram, urine test, electrolyte, renal and liver function tests, thyroid function, and FSH/LH were within normal limits; except prolactin level of 96.4 ng/ml measured on Tech-MEIA on AXSYM automated system, which was more than four times the normal range (1.39-24.20 ng/ml).

Theres also a case with a lower dosage i think.

Well at least every other exam was normal so its directly related to the dopaminergic receptors. Maybe p5p and vitamin e work. Ill maybe try it because it sounds like nothing short of a miracle and thats what i need now... :)