• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

generic valcyte cost lowering

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Just thought i would post this link http://www.alldaychemist.com/valgan.html

This is the cheapest i have seen valcyte at $6 a pill. Still expensive but much cheaper than a few years back, makes it within reach of alot more people.

Works out at $200 a month on 1 tablet a day, where it was something like $15000 for 6 months a few years back, that was brand valcyte not generic?

Just a warning, this drug definately isnt a do it yourself thing and one needs to be under the guidance of a doctor who is monitoring liver/kidney function and also white blood cells and neutrophils etc as it can suppress bone marrow production.

physicsstudent13

to be honest these sites charge 3000% markup and it is ridiculous. there must be a cheaper site to order this online without a script

Last edited:

redaxe

Does anyone on Phoenix Rising take generic Valcyte bought via online pharmacy?
I have a script but the cost will come to about $2400 per month!

So that definitely means I should look at online pharmacies before I get started. I notice that alldaychemist only seem to let you buy 80 pills at once. Is there a reason for that?

Another option I have seen is this one here. But none of them seem to give you any information about what the Generic brand is which makes me a little unsure about the quality of the product.
http://www.canadapharmacyonline.com/DrugInfo.aspx?name=Valcyte6576

heapsreal

So that definitely means I should look at online pharmacies before I get started. I notice that alldaychemist only seem to let you buy 80 pills at once. Is there a reason for that?

Another option I have seen is this one here. But none of them seem to give you any information about what the Generic brand is which makes me a little unsure about the quality of the product.
http://www.canadapharmacyonline.com/DrugInfo.aspx?name=Valcyte6576

i would email ADC and ask them about ordering more, i would also hit them up for free shipping if you were going to put a large order in.
One reason why i think they may limit order size is that generally one cant order more than a 3 month supply of a med, obviously depends on dosage

redaxe

i would email ADC and ask them about ordering more, i would also hit them up for free shipping if you were going to put a large order in.
One reason why i think they may limit order size is that generally one cant order more than a 3 month supply of a med, obviously depends on dosage

Thanks. I will do that. Of course I'm also a little nervous about buying such a large quantity of an expensive drug online as I guess there is always a risk it could get lost or damaged in transit but I guess that's the risk we have to take.

Btw I do have a doctor willing to monitor my liver/kidney function etc - I don't want people on the forum getting the wrong idea that I'm taking this stuff unsupervised.

heapsreal

Thanks. I will do that. Of course I'm also a little nervous about buying such a large quantity of an expensive drug online as I guess there is always a risk it could get lost or damaged in transit but I guess that's the risk we have to take.

Btw I do have a doctor willing to monitor my liver/kidney function etc - I don't want people on the forum getting the wrong idea that I'm taking this stuff unsupervised.

Search their web page again, i understand possibility of a large expensive order going missing.
I think they do have insurance to cover the parcel if lost or damaged??

redaxe

Search their web page again, i understand possibility of a large expensive order going missing.
I think they do have insurance to cover the parcel if lost or damaged??

Thanks - have you used their product personally? I'd feel a little more comfortable if someone from these forums could vouch that the Valcyte supplied by these online pharmacies is legit.

heapsreal

Thanks - have you used their product personally? I'd feel a little more comfortable if someone from these forums could vouch that the Valcyte supplied by these online pharmacies is legit.

No i havent used their valcyte/valgan but have used their other products. I probably will buy their valgan at some stage.

It seems to be a hot topic of late although not alot of recent threads psoted but have had quite a few pm's about valgan, hopefully they can share these experiences or i can share it second hand??

SOC

Now that generic valgancyclovir is legal you should be able to get it from your local pharmacy. If you have a script, just ask the pharmacy to fill it with the generic. The mail-order pharmacy associated with my insurance switched me from the brand to the Qualitest generic a couple of months ago and now I only pay something like $10 per month, or whatever the standard price for generic meds on my insurance policy is. That's a big improvement over the crazy high price we were paying for the brand-name Valcyte.

I haven't noticed any difference with Qualitest generic so far -- not that it would be easy to tell if it was working as well, but I haven't had any new reactions.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
You can't buy from Canada without an rx I don't think

I just bought some from ADC.

They will reshipped if something gets lost but I doubt you can buy more than 3 months.

Some generics are still expensive. I pay $10 for my famvir but with other insurance it $90. And depending on your insurance depends on the tier.

It's all over the news that generics cost has gone up huge amounts. No way is it gonna to be $10 across the board imo

redaxe

Now that generic valgancyclovir is legal you should be able to get it from your local pharmacy. If you have a script, just ask the pharmacy to fill it with the generic.

Unfortunately it's not quite so easy for us in Australia. Generic Valcyte hasn't hit the shelves yet and from talking to Pharmacists the impression I get is that it hasn't been officially approved yet. So yeah online pharmacies it is.
I'm working on getting an order now from All Day Chemist and yes these guys do ask for a script. That does ease my mind a bit as it seems like they are doing it 'by the book'

On a funnier note I also made enquiries to another online pharmacy that quoted me about the same price. The website on the surface looks reasonably legit to me until you come across the address... That one gave me a good laugh, I'll think I'll stick with ADC :)
  • Address: Basement No. 1, Holy Cross Apartments, Off Parsi Panchayat Road, Near Shankarwadi Bus Stop, Service Road, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400069, Maharashtra,INDIA
http://www.dropshipmd.com/about_us/

Last edited:

Hip

Has anyone here experimented with the low dose Valcyte protocol:

Recently, some of us have found that low dose Valcyte can work far more effectively for far more people and with few or no negative side effects. This is a very new area and still being explored. Personally, I have found that a dose of 14 mg (1/32 of a tablet) per day works very well. I use it five days on and two days off; this is the same schedule used at the clinic where I initially got my ganciclovir infusions, and the pulsed dosing seems to maximize the immunomodulatory effects of Valcyte (avoiding the "temporary" aspect that Dr. Montoya mentions) while giving the body time off to help prevent any negative reactions.