• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

which symptoms methylation made disappear for you?

ahmo

@MARGARITA COLOMBO, After using mg oil in footbaths for a year, I've switched to mg citrate in footbaths. Excellent w/o the mess of oil (which I made in 1 l quantities, always drippy mess). I had been using Mg Malate tabs initially. I still use the tabs if I wake needing extra in the night, which now is, thankfully, very infrequently. I'm taking all my powdered supps...aminos, some minerals...in footbaths, don't need any more than I would if taking orally. cheers, ahmo

Gondwanaland

Hi Izzy,

At least in the USA the time release potassium is considered dangerous and to be used as a last resort for people "unable to comply" with the frequent dosing otherwise required or ordinary oral potassium. The problem is not usually a low tissue potassium but a suddenly falling serum level faster than it can be brought back up. One woman illustrated it well when she get a series of 3 tests over a few hours. The first one was 4.x. The second was 3.6. The third was 3.2. It is good to know what is going on. I take it that you are not trying to loose weight.

The amount of potassium needed by people who were not overdriving it with high dose b1, b2 and b3 ranged from about 1000mg a day to 3000mg a day.

It sounds like you could likely benefit from the deadlock quartet. Be careful in getting your body functioning better.

Freddd, thanks for the heads up re: slow release K. All available K supps at the drugstore are slow release types. I will have to ask my dr. for a prescription to have it compounded. I hope he agrees (he has been trusting my judgement so far). I see that you prefer the gluconate form and hope to be able to get this form from my local compounding pharmacy soon.

Freddd, I read under antoher topic that you no longer recommend a B complex due to the increased K need.
I already have sublingual cobamamide 3mg at home (I can split it in 4) and I picked up sublingual L-5-MTHFR 800mcg form the compounding pharmacy last Wed but misplaced it and can't find it anymore. I will have to re-order it. My brain is just full of aluminum and I still have 5 amalgams in my mouth and these factors seem to be hindering my memory improvement. I also have CoQ10 100mg (softgels by Now Foods), but will have to find out if I can order LCF locally.
I would be very thankful if you could shed some light for my next steps. I am not very smart in biochem, but am trying to read as much as I can. I am not sure when to add the cobamamide. I would have added one quarter of the methylfolate today but had to postpone it. Instead I started 70mcg of Se-mmethionine and had good energy today despite the mildly cramping calves.
I also tried acerola powder as an alternative vit C source, but keep getting a drop in my energy/brain fog few minutes after taking it.

Edited to add that I am definetely not trying to loose weight and am skin and bones for being lost about which diet to follow (ended up eating high protein)...

Hello Izzi, could you please tell me where you found Klinghard´s warning against oral Mg?

I am sorry for this conflicting info, Margarita. I hate it that I keep finding conflicting info for everything I decide to do.
It is a warning for those who have Lyme. You will find it on page 5 of the following presentation:
http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/im...ogical_treatment_of_lyme_disease_protocol.pdf

izzy

Last edited:

Freddd

Freddd, thanks for the heads up re: slow release K. All available K supps at the drugstore are slow release types. I will have to ask my dr. for a prescription to have it compounded. I hope he agrees (he has been trusting my judgement so far). I see that you prefer the gluconate form and hope to be able to get this form from my local compounding pharmacy soon.

Freddd, I read under antoher topic that you no longer recommend a B complex due to the increased K need.
I already have sublingual cobamamide 3mg at home (I can split it in 4) and I picked up sublingual L-5-MTHFR 800mcg form the compounding pharmacy last Wed but misplaced it and can't find it anymore. I will have to re-order it. My brain is just full of aluminum and I still have 5 amalgams in my mouth and these factors seem to be hindering my memory improvement. I also have CoQ10 100mg (softgels by Now Foods), but will have to find out if I can order LCF locally.
I would be very thankful if you could shed some light for my next steps. I am not very smart in biochem, but am trying to read as much as I can. I am not sure when to add the cobamamide. I would have added one quarter of the methylfolate today but had to postpone it. Instead I started 70mcg of Se-mmethionine and had good energy today despite the mildly cramping calves.
I also tried acerola powder as an alternative vit C source, but keep getting a drop in my energy/brain fog few minutes after taking it.

Edited to add that I am definetely not trying to loose weight and am skin and bones for being lost about which diet to follow (ended up eating high protein)...

I am sorry for this conflicting info, Margarita. I hate it that I keep finding conflicting info for everything I decide to do.
It is a warning for those who have Lyme. You will find it on page 5 of the following presentation:
http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/im...ogical_treatment_of_lyme_disease_protocol.pdf

izzy

'Hi Izzy,
read under antoher topic that you no longer recommend a B complex due to the increased K need

That is false. I suggest a low dose b-complex without CyCbl, folic acid, folinic acid or veggie folates and B1 no more than 30mg/day, B2 no more than 21mg/day and b3 no more than 100mg a day. That probably isn't a "best performance" point for you but more some amount more than that can cause insatiable needs for l-methylfolate and/or potassium.

Last edited:
The amount of potassium needed by people who were not overdriving it with high dose b1, b2 and b3 ranged from about 1000mg a day to 3000mg a day.

Hi Fred, just soaking my brain with information by reading old threads. I've been taking a slow release potassium (8mEq, 2x per day) -- but in this thread, you mentioned that the slow release stuff isn't a good idea. I was told (on another forum) that too little potassium, like the amounts in typical supplements, actually trigger the body's feedback loop in a bad way and you end up wasting potassium instead.

I'm quite fuzzy on how you'd know you're taking to much potassium.

And then, what is a "high dose" of B1, B2, and B3? My B-Complex (Life Extensions) has 100mg of each of those three. Is that too high?

ahmo

And then, what is a "high dose" of B1, B2, and B3? My B-Complex (Life Extensions) has 100mg of each of those three. Is that too high?
I can't respond to the query re too little potassium. But re B vitamins, I found, as Fred found, that the doses of B Vits that you list are too much, pushed up K+ needs and for me, also lead to excess ammonia. In the past I took high doses of B1, 3, 6 especially. I would have thought my current dose useless. But it works, and when I've increased it, I've had problems. I settled on the one I'm linking below. It's essentially a 25mg B complex, activated B's. I split the caps, take 1/2 AM, 1/2 midday. This has been working great for me.

The 2nd link in my signature is a compilation of Fred's comments, you'll find some more info there re potassium. I'm not sure re too much K+, as it's never been a problem for me. Maybe it would show up as Mg deficiency, so cramps, tension...not sure.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-activated-b-complex-high-bioavailability-60-veg-caps