• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anyone with lyme tested c-reactive protein and ESR sed rate?

duncan

Ok, I have in front of me three results from the same lab spaced over a period of about a year (this past year).

My CRP was elevated once.

My ESR ranges from 6 mm/hr to 11 mm/hr - reference range was <21 mm/hr. So normal.

My pain migrates and is intermittent, but these days is mostly in my knees, and when it hits, it is painful, more so than ever before.

Not sure if this is meaningful, but everytime, by every lab - including stoneybrook and immunetics and imugen and mayo, my MCHC value is elevated.

roxie60

I need to go back and compare to past results. I don't think I have had too many CUP or ESR tests done. When I find results will post.

Now looks like I need to focus on lowering tryglicerides

roxie60

Forgot to mention my pain has improved, mostly knees but Mort intermittent and fewer surprising sharp pains without warning that can bring me to my knees of take breathe away.

Thanks for responses.

roxie60

I wish lab ranges were consistent. Found articles that suggested an ESR of 3 was at the high end of range but labcorp range indicates closer to middle. And how hard can it be to also list an optimal value.

For example, I finally had another CD57 test done and my result increased after year of antibiotics treatment

2013 cd57 % 1.9% 2015 3.6% range 2.0-17%
2013 cd57 abs 55. 2015 68 range 60-360

It would be helpful for people to know the optimal values w/o having to go figure it out.

duncan

If your clinician checked your cd57 value, he/she probably checked your C6. Do you know if a C6 peptide test was run?

roxie60

RBC SED Rate 0-20 mm/hr 03/20/15 3 03/30/12 8 11/14/12 8

C Reactive Protein 0.01-0.82 mg/dl 11/14/12 0.47
0.0-4.9 mg/L 03/20/15 3.3

Hope this stays formatted

Thinktank

I have tested my ESR and hs-CRP monthly for the past 2 years.
Although i suffer from every disease that ends with -itis, ESR and hs-CRP have always stayed very low. That's in total contrast to my cytokines and chemokines which are extremely elevated, try to figure that out.

Average
hs-CRP: <0.01
ESR: 2