• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

sulfur/thiol sensivity (high cystien?) CBS mutation

kel88

I reed that we need glutathion to lose our metal toxity.
We with ME/CFS are lacking in produce gluthation right? So that would be the reason that healthy people not being sick of high metals.

I find that people who react to thiols (sulfer) its because of the metal toxity.
I also react very badly to thiols (neuropathy very heavy)

this link below is from a site in holland but the articel is in Englisch. its a patient that had also arseniucm toxity and is also reacting to thiols. so its because of the metal toxity why we react so badly.
So we have to lose this metals with Gluthation.

http://www.neuropathie.nu/te-veel-/neuropathie-door-arsenicum-vergiftiging.html

How to produce Gluthation? With cytiene, glycine and glutamine.
(**whe are lacking also in produce taurine as well so we have high glutamate also** look at the link below very intresting**)

http://www.holistic-back-relief.com/glutathione.html

when we produce gluthation we can lose our metals and would not react to thiols anymore right?

when you reed on this site below in the first reaction most people have high cystien when they react to thiols so give them glycine en glutamine and they produce GLUTATHION.
https://www.paleohacks.com/paleo/sulfur-intolerance-aka-poor-sulfur-oxidation-ever-heard-of-it-6702

so for people who have thiol/sulfur sensivity / CBS mutations can try it.
I am i think a high cystien person. I react bad to cystiene and very good to Taurine because thats low i think.
This explain it al in this links above.
Do anyone know how much glutamine and glycine i have to take?
I reed 2:1 (glutamine, glycine) but how much can i try?

Gondwanaland

I tried it and could not handle the excessive detox reaction. I think I tried 1g glutamine and 0.5g glycine. It was very high for me since I convert the major part of it to ammonia. So, not good. If you want to try it, I would suggest to start with something like 50mg glutamine and 25mg glycine and increase slowly over several weeks. Or just eat bone broth. ;)

Last edited:
We with ME/CFS are lacking in produce gluthation right? So that would be the reason that healthy people not being sick of high metals.

I find that people who react to thiols (sulfer) its because of the metal toxity.

this link below is from a site in holland but the articel is in Englisch. its a patient that had also arseniucm toxity and is also reacting to thiols. so its because of the metal toxity why we react so badly.

(**whe are lacking also in produce taurine as well so we have high glutamate also** look at the link below very intresting**)

when we produce gluthation we can lose our metals and would not react to thiols anymore right?

when you reed on this site below in the first reaction most people have high cystien when they react to thiols so give them glycine en glutamine and they produce GLUTATHION.
https://www.paleohacks.com/paleo/sulfur-intolerance-aka-poor-sulfur-oxidation-ever-heard-of-it-6702

I am i think a high cystien person. I react bad to cystiene and very good to Taurine because thats low i think.
Have you looked into coffee enemas? They are said to cause the liver to produce 700% more Glutathione. One must replace electrolytes (especially us!) after each one.

You can look on curezone for more info or look into Gerson who employes them to treat cancer patients.

I do them, they are a God send.

TropicalKid

ahmo

If you're interested in coffee enemas, I've written about my experiences. I include electrolytes and glycine following the coffee. see my signature for the link, which includes a number of references.

Here's some more good info on the liver and glutathione production:

http://www.liverdoctor.com/does-the-liver-really-need-cleansing-part2/

TropicalKid

Part 2: The Best Ways to Cleanse your Liver
In part 1 of our Great Debate we looked at the numerous toxins, chemicals and other factors that impair your liver’s detox abilities. Living in today’s world means that your liver is exposed to an ever increasing quantity of toxins and to some degree we have very little control over this.

Luckily there are numerous strategies to improve the health and detoxification abilities of your liver. So let’s now look at how you can cleanse your liver:

1. Improve the structural and functional integrity of the hepatocytes and the liver’s sinusoidal system. Your liver cell membranes are largely composed of fatty acids. These fats are delicate and fragile, and easily damaged by chemicals that act as free radicals. It is important to avoid hydrogenated vegetable oil and all food that is fried in vegetable oil, because you don’t want these damaged fats making up your liver cells.

Taking omega 3 fish oil and vitamin E in supplement form can protect and repair liver cell membranes. Increasing the quantity of antioxidants in your diet, through eating more fruit and vegetables will also protect your cell membranes from damage.
The herb St Mary’s thistle contains the substance silymarin; it has the proven ability to repair and regenerate damage hepatocytes.

2. Correct leaky gut syndrome. Leaky gut syndrome means the intestinal lining has become more permeable than it should be. This means that bacteria, undigested food and toxins can gain entry into your bloodstream, when they should not be allowed to do so. These toxins travel straight to the liver, where they promote inflammation and damage.

The treatment of leaky gut syndrome is complex and is described in great detail on our website here (http://www.liverdoctor.com/04_leakygut_syndrome.asp) Nearly everyone with leaky gut syndrome has one or more food allergies or intolerances; these will need to be identified and avoided. Herbs with natural antimicrobial properties help to reduce the levels of harmful bacteria, yeast, fungi and Candida in the bowel; these herbs include wormwood, thyme and barberry. Garlic and onion also help to control harmful microbes in the gut.

Glutamine and slippery elm help to reduce inflammation and irritation to the intestinal lining and make the gut lining a stronger, healthier barrier. A probiotic supplement, containing beneficial bacteria such as acidophilus is also essential in correcting leaky gut syndrome.

3. Support and facilitate the phase 1 and 2 detox pathways. The efficiency of these pathways is highly dependant on your nutrient intake. There are also specific nutrients and herbs that improve the activity of phase 1 and 2 liver detox pathways. Many of these also act as antioxidants, to mop up the free radicals generated in the liver during detoxification. Some of these substances include:

St Mary’s thistle: This herb is also known as Milk thistle and it contains the powerful liver protector silymarin. This compound can protect the liver cells from toxic damage, enhance repair of liver cells and it is a strong antioxidant. Silymarin increases levels of glutathione in the body; this is the body’s most powerful antioxidant. Clinical trails have shown that the most effective dose of silymarin is 420mg per day.
Green tea: Green tea comes from the same plant as ordinary black tea but it is higher in antioxidants because the leaves have not been processed in the same way. It contains a group of antioxidants known as catechins, of which the most powerful is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). Catechins are thought to be a 200 times more powerful antioxidant than vitamin C.
Along with reducing the risk of cancer and heart disease, green tea improves the efficiency of phase two liver detoxification
reactions.
Turmeric: This is a plant in the ginger family. Turmeric has a bright yellow colour, is a component of curry powder but has a very mild flavour. The active component of turmeric is curcumin; it is a powerful antioxidant, raises levels of glutathione in the body and may offer protection against cancer.
Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds contain sesamin, a compound that protects the liver cells from damage. It is a powerful antioxidant and reduces the breakdown of vitamin E in the body, thereby increasing levels in the body. Sesamin particularly protects the liver cells from the effects of alcohol.
Watercress: This herb is in the same family as cabbage and broccoli. It contains the compound pheny-lethyl-isothiocyanate (PEITC). It promotes the excretion of cancer causing substances and may particularly protect against lung and colon cancer.
Watercress enhances phase two liver detoxification pathways. Try to include some watercress in your salads and vegetable
juices.
Limonene: This is a compound found in the rind of citrus fruits, particularly lemons. It is responsible for much of the smell of lemons. Limonene is a powerful antioxidant and is capable of blocking the harmful effects of many different free radicals. You can include some citrus rind in your raw vegetable juices and salads, but only if it is organic.

Other nutrients required for a liver detox
Glycine: This is an amino acid needed for bile production and phase two liver detoxification. When cells of the liver engulf foreign substances they can suffer some damage; glycine helps to minimise this damage.
Taurine and Cysteine: These are both sulphur containing amino acids needed for bile production and phase two liver detoxification. Taurine reduces the tendency to develop a fatty liver and it helps to protect the liver against the damaging effects of alcohol. Cysteine is a precursor of glutathione, the body’s most powerful antioxidant. Cysteine helps to protect the liver from damage caused by alcohol and rancid fats, (found in most fried takeaway food).
Methyl donors: These are a group of vitamins that participate in chemical reactions by donating a part of their chemical structure. Methyl donors include folic acid, biotin, inositol and others. Methylation occurs in the liver and is particularly important in detoxifying fat soluble chemicals and heavy metals.

kel88

Hi you guys!

Thanks for the answering! Im busy right now so i will answer to hou guys later! But i appriciat youre input! :) thanks :)

About coffee , i cant handle coffee ( anxity to the roof!) and now i am sulfer / thiol sensitive i think i also react to coffee. Dont know of they also have thiols in it??

Of is coffee anemia something else then coffee? :)

Hi you guys!

Thanks for the answering! Im busy right now so i will answer to hou guys later! But i appriciat youre input! :) thanks :)

About coffee , i cant handle coffee ( anxity to the roof!) and now i am sulfer / thiol sensitive i think i also react to coffee. Dont know of they also have thiols in it??

Of is coffee anemia something else then coffee? :)
A lot of us have that prob with coffee. It's not a concern for me with the Coffee enema, it has a totally different effect, a good one!:)

TropicalKid

ahmo

I've wondered about this myself. Coffee is on the gluten cross-reactive list: things body perceives the same as gluten, which I can't tolerate. Yet the enema does, indeed, to be entirely different. I've wondered if it has to do with the type of coffee I'm using, specially blended and roasted for enemas, but I think it must be more than that, somehow the route of administration bypasses whatever would set off the body's warning system...:confused:

I've wondered about this myself. Coffee is on the gluten cross-reactive list: things body perceives the same as gluten, which I can't tolerate. Yet the enema does, indeed, to be entirely different. I've wondered if it has to do with the type of coffee I'm using, specially blended and roasted for enemas, but I think it must be more than that, somehow the route of administration bypasses whatever would set off the body's warning system...:confused:
Have they done the gluten testing for those lists without the folic acid added? Or do they use gluten that is processed in the way it is sold in the US for example, always with folic acid added?

TropicalKid?