• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Profound, Debilitating Fatigue Found to be Major Issue for Autoimmune Disease Patients

Aurator

"Major findings include:

● Almost all (98 percent) AD patients surveyed report they suffer from fatigue.
● More than two-thirds (68 percent) say their “fatigue is anything but normal. It is profound and prevents [them] from doing the simplest everyday tasks.”'
● Seven-in-10 (70 percent) believe others judge them negatively because of their fatigue.
● Fatigue impacts nearly every aspect of AD patients’ lives

"According to one AD patient, '“It’s difficult for other people to understand our ongoing fatigue when it can’t be seen by them. It’s so hard just trying to get others to really, really understand how very tired you are sometimes – even our own doctors don’t understand. One wonders if even our doctors may think we are for the most part just mental cases and/or whiners.”'

"A total of 7,874 responses were received. The less than .5 percent reporting having only Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and/or Fibromyalgia, neither of which are considered autoimmune diseases, were removed for a final total sample audience of 7,838."

It's hard to avoid coming away with the conclusion that if you have only CFS, not only do you not suffer from an autoimmune disease, but you're not entitled to complain of profound debilitating fatigue either, at least not to the same degree as those suffering from legitimated autoimmune diseases.

And the people with legitimated autoimmune diseases think they've got it bad.

shannah

It's hard to avoid coming away with the conclusion that if you have only CFS, not only do you not suffer from an autoimmune disease, but you're not entitled to complain of profound debilitating fatigue either, at least not to the same degree as those suffering from legitimated autoimmune diseases.

So true Aurator. And they wonder why we get angry, upset, outraged after being so disrespected for decades.

rosamary

It's not much fun having any autoimmune disease if your medical professionals are too lazy and stupid to take the time to investigate and diagnose it. Believe me.

However, this is why I am certain ME /CFS is an autoimmune disease. Too many similarities with other autoimmune diseases.

Also, many autoimmune diseases present with multi-symptoms ...just like ME. And the symptoms change and pop up in different places just like ME.

It's no fun for anyone who is ill and not treated effectively.

Wayne

However, this is why I am certain ME /CFS is an autoimmune disease.

I feel pretty much the same way. The more I consider how autoimmune diseases have proliferated in the general population, the more I believe vaccinations have caused a large percentage of them. I've reached the point of feeling post-vaccination syndrome more accurately describes my health situation than ME/CFS, or anything else.

I continue to be fairly astounded by how many on PR developed ME/CFS shortly after a vaccination. I suspect the vast majority of those who experience this kind of development however, likely develop ME/CFS after a prolonged interval, up to many years later, and the connection is rarely made. -- They can make a connection to a recent viral infection, but it seems likely to me that a vaccination induced injury to the immune system set them up for it many years earlier.

Last edited:

natasa778

I continue to be fairly astounded by how many on PR developed ME/CFS shortly after a vaccination. I suspect the vast majority of those who experience this kind of development however, likely develop ME/CFS after a prolonged interval, up to many years later, and the connection is rarely made. -- They can make a connection to a recent viral infection, but it seems likely to me that a vaccination induced injury to the immune system set them up for it many years earlier.

Yes, but I also suspect the opposite scenario possible and likely in many cases, where a viral infection (or even things like exposure to environmental pollutants and such) affects the immune system in a negative way and primes it up for a vaccine cluster **** later on.