• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

can't remember the name of a supplement kit with ALA, ALC & ?

charlie1

I can't give you much to go on but I've read on PR a few times of a 'kit 'that contained alpha lipoic acid, acetyl L-carnitine and something else. The kit was labelled as an acronym with 4 letters in it, one of them might have been a K and maybe an X? I think Cort J once posted about it.
OMG...this looks like a riddle! It's not!! I really would like to look into the efficacy of these 3 supplements when taken together through this brand (or supplier?)

Thanks!

charlie1

@cb2 I don't know anything about effective doses or brands. I only know that Cort Johnson was/is? on something called KLMX (or something like that) and that other members were on it as well.
It contained one more supplement.Problem is I'm not even sure if it can be ordered on-line.
Ugh... I hate acronyms ! Brain fog....:oops:

charlie1

@Mij Wow, that's great information! I didn't realize that the formula was considered to be that significant as to be in an AIDS study! I only knew that some people with CFS found it helpful.
What is CD? Do you know if the study is still going on? How can we get KPAX?

Mij

Lymphocyte counts, CD4, CD8 etc. They seem to be focusing on the CD4, which is very low in HIV pts.

I'm still looking to find out if this trial is recent. The contact numbers name sounds familiar to me . . . I'll look around to see what I can find.

charlie1

Amazon says it currently out of stock and doesn't know when/if there will be more :( The fact there is a study on it, maybe pharmaceutical companies are going to try and make it a 'drug'??

If I'm looking at the correct product it's called Fuel for LIfe and 8 capsules contain:
200 mg of ALA, 600 mg NAC, 500 mg ALC

Thanks for looking into the study.

charlie1

I've ordered a one month supply of the K-PAX immune support and one month of the K-PAX energy for $ 99.00. The Fit for Life is no longer available but what I ordered is apparently the equivalent of what was used in the Synergy Trial except Ritalin was switched to caffeine. I told the rep my fear of ingesting a stimulant but I was told it's only used in a small amount to help boost the nutrients into the mitochondria and most people do not get over-stimulated from it.

I hope I'm one of the lucky ones who sees marked improvement.

Gingergrrl

@charlie1 When you mentioned that you were going to be starting an immune modulator, were you referring to the K-PAX supplement or something else? If so, I was curious which immune mod (if not comfortable sharing, just tell me by PM.) I just didn't want to lose this thread again b/c I wanted to respond here for days and couldn't find it!

I was curious if you started the K-PAX yet and if it is too stimulating from the Carnitine? It sounds like a good supplement (and I do well with ALA, Coq10, etc,) but had horrible reactions to even super tiny does of Carnitine. So, I am very curious to hear how you do with these since we both have low BP (although not sure if that factor is relevant here?)

Best wishes with trying the new supplements :hug:

For those seeking results from the Synergy Trial, please forward an email to ask@kpax.com.

To learn more about the Fatigue Protocol used in the Synergy Trial, please contact K-PAX Pharmaceuticals at 877-777-5729. It is possible to duplicate this treatment under the supervision of your physician or as an over-the-counter version.

For an explanation of the treatment, you may also view this free webinar from the director of the Synergy Trial, "Mitochondrial Medicine and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", that explains the treatment and results from the previous trial:

charlie1

When you mentioned that you were going to be starting an immune modulator, were you referring to the K-PAX supplement or something else?

Hey there Gingergrrl! Yes, I'm taking the K-PAX Immune formula but have not yet started the K-PAX Energy formula which is very similar to the Immune formula but not as potent and also has a small amount of caffeine added.

Today is my 2nd day of taking 1 pill at breakfast and 1/2 pill with lunch. Recommended is taking 2 at break and 2 at lunch so you can see I'm going very s l o w !! I take the KPAX along with my 100 mg CoQ10, 500 mg/Vit C, 200 mg Magnesium and fish oil per/day which I've been doing for some time now.

I've not had any negative effects and actually have felt a little stronger during the day but very tired by late afternoon for some reason. Not sure why that is and actually may not be related to the KPAX at all. Time will tell.

I am very curious to hear how you do with these since we both have low BP (although not sure if that factor is relevant here?)

My blood pressure has been excellent the last few days and I'm shocked! I didn't expect the blood pressure to be affected! I still can have low diastolic pressures but not as low as mid 40's I sometimes get. I don't know how these pills can be the reason for the improvement and maybe its just strange timing. In the past. I have occasionally experienced random good bp days in a row with no rhyme or reason as to why. I will have to see if a pattern of normalized BP's emerges over the next month before I'm comfortable to say that its due to the KPAX.

Here's some recordings of the day before I started KPAX and then the next 2 days while taking it.
Wednesday's BP -
noon - 96/66 pulse 64
1:15pm - 88/49 pulse 61
4:30pm - 108/60 pulse 73

Thursday's BP
-
9am - 126/62 pulse 57 then breakfast with 1 KPAX pill
noon- 117/66 pulse 65 1/2 KPAX pill
5:00 - 120/55 pulse 63
9:00 - 112/63 pulse 71

Friday's BP
9:30am - 113/74 pulse 58 then breakfast with KPAX
11:00am 121/59 pulse 65 1/2 KPAX pill
11:30pm 110/67 pulse 60

Some people have posted that they react negatively to carnitine whereas Acetyl L carnitine they handle better. I've so far had no issues although I'm on such a small dose right now.

The K-PAX IMMUNE contains substantial amounts of pharmaceutical grade mitochondral support nutrients not found most supplements. The immune modulators listed below as well as amino acids and lots more vitamins and minerals are all included in each pill
Per 4 tablets :
Alpha lipoic acid ...200 mg
Acetyl l carnitine... 500 mg
N-Acetyl-cysteine....600 mg

I'll keep you updated :)

adreno

PR activist
It's just an overpriced multivitamin with a few extra ingredients. You can find those supplements cheaper elsewhere.

charlie1

It's just an overpriced multivitamin with a few extra ingredients.
I've not ever seen a vitamin pill this potent regarding vitamins and minerals nor with ALA, ALC & NAC included so I don't mind the price while doing this experiment. And I love that I can clear my counter of a zillion different supplements and have most of what I need all in one bottle :)

If I am successful with the KPAX but can find a cheaper alternative, I would consider switching. Can you direct me to a multivitamin alternative?