• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Petition for More NIH Funding

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I went to sign it but it asked for full name, address and I never heard of Maryiln Lemmon before. If someone can confirm that she is a PWME and that the petition is legit, I will gladly sign.

(sorry, just been a little cautious lately with giving out identifying information).

I don't know her but she won't get your info, according to the privacy info on the site (which won't let me copy it, sorry):

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petitionfaqs.html

Click on the second option on the list - 'Who will see my signature information?'

Thanks to everyone for signing. We're over 400 signatures now. I'm going to get as many as we can over a reasonable period of time. Let's get to 1000 and see if we still have momentum. After that it goes to Francis Collins, head of the NIH, and to the CFS Advisory Committee. I will also encourage everyone who signed who is a US resident to send it to their Congresspeople. By the way, I am an ME/CFS patient who has had this illness for 21 years. I decided to do this because post-IOM report, no one else seemed to be doing it and I felt that after all the talk about the new name, definition, etc. what we really need to do is take action, particularly on research funding.

I went to sign it but it asked for full name, address and I never heard of Maryiln Lemmon before. If someone can confirm that she is a PWME and that the petition is legit, I will gladly sign.

(sorry, just been a little cautious lately with giving out identifying information).
Yes, I am Marilyn Lemmon and am an ME/CFS patient. I have had it for 21 years and just decided to try my naive hand at being an activist.

Signed. My petition comment text below:

"This disease has been discounted, its research bungled, and its patients ignored for decades now. More research money is allocated to headaches than to CFS. The cytokine studies from Lipkin/IOM are compelling, and the answers are out there. It is time to find biomarkers so the suffering can be officially diagnosed, and to find effective medications to reduce and eradicate this disease. It is long overdue."