• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does better methylation improve allergy symptoms?

ebethc

hope so... this weekend was bad, and the forecast for the week is worse... allergy meds don't help me, either.

thanks

shannah

I would think that better methylation would lessen allergy symptoms but can't answer your question with any authority unfortunately.

Just wanted to mention that it's the beginning of mould season where we are. The melting snow and warmer temperatures are creating a mould condition outside and those in our home are doing very poorly with the added burden.

ebethc

I would think that better methylation would lessen allergy symptoms but can't answer your question with any authority unfortunately.

Just wanted to mention that it's the beginning of mould season where we are. The melting snow and warmer temperatures are creating a mould condition outside and those in our home are doing very poorly with the added burden.

thanks - I was thinking / hoping the same thing... I can't find an allergy med that works for me, or works consistently... I'm really overwhelmed during allergy season, which is a shame because I love spring. My allergist told me that I tested negative for ALL allergies - both serum and scratch test! Well, I definitely feel a dramatic difference when the pollen is out in full force... She said that the problem is with particulate matter , i.e., any particles irritates my sinuses/throat/lungs... This was a real "eureka" moment for me because I am bothered by any particles. that is definitely the common denominator, and works w the methylation theories (ie the particles are irritating oversensitive nerves)... I just started taking metafolin again... Maybe I gave up to early before. I've read that it can take 6 - 8 weeks to kick in. A LONG time!