• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Taymount clinic. uk

ruben

I was watching Newsnight yesterday on BBC 2 and there was a piece about this clinic.It's in Herfordshire, UK. Basically treatments are "stool transplants". Anyone know anything about it? ME/CFS is listed on the site.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Im afrid I don't know anything about it. Fecal transplants seem quite the thing at the moment. Interesting to see a clinic in England doing it. I believe there has been some success with this method for inflammatory bowel diseases.

Just looked at the clinic. Looks interesting for those with Dysbiosis - good to see you can do this safely in the UK, but wow have you seen the price list!

aquariusgirl

I know a woman who did this with dr borody in Australia.. extensive abx beforehand .. fecal transfusion in hospital... felt great afterwards ... but it didn't last.. she even found a donor near her and did DIY for a while .. but I don't think those results lasted either...

Daffodil

that's what my doc said to me once....that you would have to keep doing the transplants or it would come back.

I think the leaky gut is being driven by inflammation of which the cause has to be addressed