• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I just found this article about a study now (I think) going on. Is Jon Kaiser a famous doctor?

He says he has found an effective treatement for CFS using a combination of a non-fancy "immune support" supplement and a very low dose Ritalin. Has anyone tried this? Is Jon Kaiser well known? Have you tried Ritalin as part of your treatment?

http://www.jonkaiser.com/

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I never heard of him although for some reason I think I might have read here recently about using stimulants with abx? I don't remember.

Over 10 years ago I used stimulants and they saved me however now it would be a problem for me.

If you look around here there are a lot of threads about it. There is a recent one where people talk about one (I'm completely blanking on the name) and how it works and doesn't for them.

When I remember the name of the one I'll add it. My brain is a completely blank right now.

Denise

The Synergy Trial results should be out in May.
Some people on PR have tried his protocol. For some it seems to help. For others there was no benefit. (That's the way it is for us with most things.)

Thanks! I just read through the previous thread. I'm looking forward to the phase 3 trial results being published in May. Does anyone already know what they were?

Hello astrea,

I am the Research Coordinator for the Synergy Trial and would be happy to answer any questions you have about the trial or the protocol. More information about the treatment can be found here: http://thesynergytrial.org/study-treatment.html. You may also view Dr. Kaiser's webinar, Mitochondrial Medicine and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, at:
to gain a better understanding of the treatment and hear results from the preliminary trial.

We are expecting to have results from the Phase II Synergy Trial in the coming months. If you would like to receive updates, please forward a request to ask@kpaxpharm.com. I am also happy to answer any questions about the treatment by phone: (855) 318-HOPE (4673).

Best wishes,
Danya Adolphs

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
skeptical about the llow dose part of the ritalin statement.

I'm skeptical as they didn't have a Ritalin-only and supplement-only arms to the trial. Ritalin has already shown to have some effect in a double blinded study, so I wonder whether this study is just an attempt to try and market their supplements.