• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strange Symptoms/Conditions I have...

Changexpert

1. Random muscle twitching in arms, legs, shoulders, back, and even face. I think it covers most areas in the body. More frequent ones happen around the eyes, back shoulders, calves, and forearms. Also happens a lot after lifting weights, which I presume is normal?

2. Random movement with my head. I shake head all of sudden without ANY INTENTION. Luckily this happens only when I am resting or dosing off, not during work hours.

3. Losing weight/gaining weight super fast, super easily. I can gain up to almost 8 pounds per meal if I wanted and lose up the same number of pounds per workout session. The workout is not even intense, 50 minute of cardio at max with 30 minutes of lifting weights. Amount of cardio is way more relevant than anaerobic exercise. Usually 30 min of cardio can shed 3 pounds easily. I know this puts severe amount of stress on my body. The only way to control this is to eat less and exercise mildly, but there is no true cure.

4. Way too much sweating during exercise. I am usually soaked 20 minutes into cardio. This bothers me so much.

5. Way too much sweat in hands and feet, aka hyperhidrosis. This is more annoying than symptom #4. A definite killer in dating.

6. Phlegm right after eating. No, not just for dairy. I haven't drunk milk since 2014 and I still get excessive mucus. I do not eat yogurt either. Only cheese when it's included in the menu :p

7. Excessive sensitivity to noise levels. This includes any noise.

8. Random "things" in the eyesight. Sometimes I get blackout, like something is standing in the eye. Sometimes it's a random light spot. The most strange one is "heat shimmer" looking thing moving across the eye. Lots of eye floaters. It seems like my eyesight is never fully functional!

9. Teeth sensitivity. This is worsened with megadosing vitamin C and micelized (liquid version) of vitamin D.

10. Lots/frequent sleep in my eyes. I think this is related to pancreas and ties to #6.

I will add more when I can remember more. Ones I truly don't understand are #3, #8, and sensitivities in general. My dad is also sensitive to a lot of things I mentioned, so maybe it is purely genetics.

If you know common cause for each one I listed, please let me know. I've had these conditions for a while and would like to address all of them if possible. Maybe all of these are related to undermethylation, heavy metal toxicity, and gut dysbiosis.

Last edited:

halcyon

1. Random muscle twitching in arms, legs, shoulders, back, and even face. I think it covers most areas in the body. More frequent ones happen around the eyes, back shoulders, calves, and forearms. Also happens a lot after lifting weights, which I presume is normal?
Make sure you're getting plenty of potassium and magnesium.

2. Random movement with my head. I shake head all of sudden without ANY INTENTION. Luckily this happens only when I am resting or dosing off, not during work hours.
Sounds like a hypnic or myoclonic jerk.

taniaaust1

Have you got ME/CFS on top of these symptoms? I ask as I did used to get a couple of those with the ME/CFS eg the shaking (sometimes side to side quite violent) and also the twitching.

3. Losing weight/gaining weight super fast, super easily. I can gain up to almost 8 pounds per meal if I wanted and lose up the same number of pounds per workout session. The workout is not even intense, 50 minute of cardio at max with 30 minutes of lifting weights. Amount of cardio is way more relevant than anaerobic exercise. Usually 30 min of cardio can shed 3 pounds easily. I know this puts severe amount of stress on my body. The only way to control this is to eat less and exercise mildly, but there is no true cure.

I was finding I could suddenly gain weight (to a crazy amount after ONE MEAL eg wake up in the morning after a big roast dinner night before and find on the scales my weight had increased far more then one would think possible...2-3.kgs in increase) or loosing it (though slower).

My allergist who is also a leader (researcher) in the field insulin problems put my sudden weight increases down to my hyperinsulinemia. My body fluid level too I think can rapidly shift (I usually have low blood volume as part of another issue) and hence probably played a part in dramatic weight change.

hyperinsulinemia can actually cause a lot of different symptoms but most doctors aren't aware it can do.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I can gain up to almost 8 pounds per meal if I wanted...
You must be drinking lots of water with meals then, right? How long would you retain that water if you didn't exercise, didn't sweat? If you retain it, then that probably means that you're usually low - like @taniaaust1 says, but also maybe low water in tissue.

But if you instead urinate it out before long, then that could be the polyuria that lots here have (me, too).

All the water loss might be resulting in mineral loss that causes the twitching - like @halcyon says.

Changexpert

You must be drinking lots of water with meals then, right? How long would you retain that water if you didn't exercise, didn't sweat? If you retain it, then that probably means that you're usually low - like @taniaaust1 says, but also maybe low water in tissue.

But if you instead urinate it out before long, then that could be the polyuria that lots here have (me, too).

All the water loss might be resulting in mineral loss that causes the twitching - like @halcyon says.
Nope. I drink no water with the meal because of digestive issues. I only drink water at least 1 hour after the meal. I try to drink at least 2.5L water a day, and that tends to come out as urine, not as sweat. AFAIK, polyuria is related to negative reaction to fish oil, which I do have.

Changexpert

Have you got ME/CFS on top of these symptoms? I ask as I did used to get a couple of those with the ME/CFS eg the shaking (sometimes side to side quite violent) and also the twitching.

I was finding I could suddenly gain weight (to a crazy amount after ONE MEAL eg wake up in the morning after a big roast dinner night before and find on the scales my weight had increased far more then one would think possible...2-3.kgs in increase) or loosing it (though slower).

My allergist who is also a leader (researcher) in the field insulin problems put my sudden weight increases down to my hyperinsulinemia. My body fluid level too I think can rapidly shift (I usually have low blood volume as part of another issue) and hence probably played a part in dramatic weight change.

hyperinsulinemia can actually cause a lot of different symptoms but most doctors aren't aware it can do.
Yes, all these symptoms come with CFS/ME symptoms. I am exhausted up to two days after a workout session, never feel refreshed in the morning even after 9-10 hours of sleep, and have a lot of trouble with falling/staying asleep.

My blood level is on the low side too, especially for RBC and platelets. Is there anything I can do to increase the blood level? Strange part is my MCV and MCH are high too, but I have sufficient iron and my folate/B12 blood levels are all fine.

Last edited: