• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

intermittent quasi-dyslexia?

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I just saw a thread named "The BPS youthtube channel" (which is really youtube).

Instead of seeing photo.jpg I might see photo.pig

This kind of thing has been happening occasionally for months, but never before. I don't feel particularly tired or confused when it happens. It's not really dyslexia, I don't see swimming or garbled text. When I realize I'd read it wrong and then look again in a more focused fashion, I can instantly see it correctly.

Is this something known?

lansbergen

I just saw a thread named "The BPS youthtube channel" (which is really youtube).

Instead of seeing photo.jpg I might see photo.pig

This kind of thing has been happening occasionally for months, but never before. I don't feel particularly tired or confused when it happens. It's not really dyslexia, I don't see swimming or garbled text. When I realize I'd read it wrong and then look again in a more focused fashion, I can instantly see it correctly.

Is this something known?

I still have it but not as bad as it was. When I was worse I had times I could read a word many times and still have it wrong.

SDSue

Southeast
@Sherlock - Yes! I can't tell you how many mistakes I've made in transposing phone numbers, appointment times, etc. I have to check myself repeatedly - and even then I make mistakes. Prior to illness, that didn't happen.

When people go into remission, they must feel like super heroes with superior brain power (not to mention strength!). I think I'll start making a cape. You know, just in case! ;)

rosie26

Yes, I get it a lot. About six months ago though, I noticed something quite different and that is I lost word recognition of the word 'bear - as in bear a load' it still looks to me only as 'bear - as in the animal.' It bothered me for months, hopefully I will get the recognition back again.

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
Same here. Only started when I became ill. Also had trouble with misspelling written words due to mixing letters around.

For me, this problem has improved a great deal since the early days of illness. Still happens, but nowhere near as frequently.