• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What causes EMF sensitivity?

Wifi123

Yes chemicals and mould do have an affect and they aggravate my symptoms, which I've had for forty-five years. To avoid chemicals I would have to knock down and destroy all the chemical producing things, and burn all the homes around that are full of mould. Then after that buy myself a tank and go around knocking down all the cell phone towers.

Regards

Dufresne

almost there...
I’d like to address an aspect of extreme avoidance that altered my EHS. Extreme avoidance is not something that one achieves easily, there are a number of obstacles that can trip you up. For instance when I was returning from my experiment in the desert I noticed for no particular reason that my EHS came back at some point in New Mexico. I hand’t changed anything in my van or in my diet, but by the time I was passing by Las Cruces I was speedy and reactive, eyes burning from the alternator or whatever it is in cars that gets me. I believe there is something to Lisa’s “locations effect” because I can’t deduce another satisfactory explanation for this happening.

I could have gone my whole life without discovering this direct connection between extreme avoidance and EHS. Certainly there are other things that aggravate it, but to have eliminated my EHS symptoms completely by systematic avoidance of mold along with a change in location was definitive for me. All this is not to say the problem is purely environmental. I’ve good reason to believe my problem is microbial, genetic, and environmental and all these facets work off each other.

Wifi123

Hi Dufresne,

I travelled around our western state, Western Australia, trying to find a safe haven, stacks of sand and wide open spaces. All the roads are covered by microwave, and towns, but you could go into areas of a “quiet-type zone”, but to live there you would live like our indigenous people, off the land, as the nearest supplies would 200-400 kilometres away. Probably get sick of eating kangaroo and goanna and witchetty grubs; and digging for water.

I experience the same, and I discovered that in some areas where the microwave radiation was very obvious and brought other things to bear, there was a military zone in the area. They do use equipment and devices not known to the public that radiates on frequencies with a different set of principles and our electrosmogmetres doesn’t seem to pick it up. And I do notice that all the electronics and electrical on the car increase in radiation, which is beyond any comprehension and logic. There is once such military equipment that causes havoc around the world, and it’s called HAARP, and mini-HAARPS are located in most countries.

I have also discovered that when a certain piece of military equipment is being used all the radiation in that area amplifies five-fold and I symptoms become severely extreme.

To be able to embrace full avoidance is impossible in our area. Those secondary impingements of moulds, viral, bacterial, chemical, and others are the reason why EHS is aggravated further making it appears as CFS/ME/FMS.

Womble

1. What proof is there that myelin depletion is the cause of EMF sensitivity?

2. If myelin is the key reason, how do you repair myelin?

3. Didn't Lorenzo's Oil cure and repair myelin for a lot of kids who were suffering from a myelin related illness?

4. Why would mythelation have anything to do with myelin, I didn't even think they were related topics.

When I was heavily mold poisoned I became much more EMF sensitive, before that I worked at a nuc plant where I received uranium (spent fuel, radioactive) which also causes EHS and propagates and increases mold toxicity. As I am eliminating both, my sensitivity is decreasing slowly.

alex3619

Is everyone aware that Martin Pall now has a detailed theory as to the cause. Its both more subtle and more dangerous than most of the theories so far. Furthermore it has long been established in animal studies, which are conveniently ignored by doctors ... that's vet business, or zoologists.

The theory holds there is no chemical damage, and no genetic damage, and no burning, myelin depletion etc. None of this matters. Regulation of cell function is heavily dependent on a large number of factors. One of those is something called voltage gated ion channels. Now it turns out that EM energy can interfere with these channels, and is proven to do so, and these channels are critical for the normal functioning of every cell in the body.

So far he has not proposed a treatment that I am aware of.

There is another thread on this somewhere on PR, with links.

melamine

One of those is something called voltage gated ion channels. Now it turns out that EM energy can interfere with these channels, and is proven to do so, and these channels are critical for the normal functioning of every cell in the body.

My experience of EMF sensitivity is that it produces symptoms in my nervous system (relative to known exposures) that one might expect to be associated with ion channelopathy.

As well, I believe the mold more as I had heavy metals including uranium which is radioactive. The more mold that I was exposed to the worse I got.

jason30

Same for me, when I was mold poisoned I became much more EMF sensitive. But, not all molds are the same. Some molds can give toxins other molds don't.
I had molds in my crawling space, they keep coming back (even with a good humidity) , so i am moving to an other house.
My symptoms decreases within a hour when i am out of my home.

Plants such as bamboo palm, dracaena 'Janet Craig', mother-in-law's tongue, dracaena marginata, peace lily, green spider plant and golden pathos absorbs toxic chemicals and could help a bit.

jason30

Not yet, i didn't knew about Nystatin/edta. I have just read about it, sounds very promising. So far i can see i can get Nystatin through the doc but don't know if EDTA is available in Europa.

It looks like it is, I checked for you, you have to kill the mold for six months, the herxes are tough, but mold toxins as you know are knarly. Troy

Don't know if your docs can work with pharmacies here in the states, but the pharmacy that makes the prescription is Sinus Dynamics in Westlake Village near LA. The phone is 877-447-4276. You need the atomizer that comes with the nystatin/EDTA presciption. God bless, Troy

shah78

Is everyone aware that Martin Pall now has a detailed theory as to the cause. Its both more subtle and more dangerous than most of the theories so far. Furthermore it has long been established in animal studies, which are conveniently ignored by doctors ... that's vet business, or zoologists.

The theory holds there is no chemical damage, and no genetic damage, and no burning, myelin depletion etc. None of this matters. Regulation of cell function is heavily dependent on a large number of factors. One of those is something called voltage gated ion channels. Now it turns out that EM energy can interfere with these channels, and is proven to do so, and these channels are critical for the normal functioning of every cell in the body.

Martin Pall's theory coincides nicely with the constantly ignored(on PR:() Jack Kruse. Jack's antidote for ion channel interference:cold therapy,Magnetico sleep pad, massive DHA consumption,avoid blue light after dusk,ketosis in winter(at minimum),et al.

PeterPositive

I haven't had many experiences with evident electro-sensitivity until 2010. I work a lot with computers, have been a developer for many years and in general I don't remember feeling sick near wifi routers etc...

In 2010 I decided to buy a PS3 and I noticed that after 20-30 minutes of playing my arms were feeling very weak to the point it was difficult to hold and operate the wireless controller. If I played for an hour I usually started feeling dizziness, anxiety, discomfort in the chest, shallow breathing and sometimes vertigo.

It became apparent after a few days that something was wrong. I asked a friend to play with it for some time and tell me if he had any problem. He didn't feel anything wrong.

The intensity of the symptoms were so bad that I would eventually have to turn off the console and lay down for at least 1/2 hour to recover. :ill: :(

I ended up selling the PS3 to the above mentioned friend but I decided to try the XBox 360 with a cable controller. This time I didn't have problems and later I discovered that even the XBox wireless controller did not bother me so much. In fact today I don't feel any symptom at all.

Fast forward to the end of 2014, I was curious to try the new PS4. Remembering the bad experience I ordered it via Amazon so that I could return it, if anything was wrong.
To cut a long story short I had pretty much the same effect. Similar bad symptoms, probably 30% less strong, but still bad enough to return the console.

I don't know if the new PS4 EM emissions are less nasty or if my high dose B12/methylation protocol is helping a little... Sure this time it wasn't as bad as with the PS3. I didn't have to go lay down, but still... no joy.

Last chapter of the story, I bought an XBox One :D As its predecessor it's not a freakin' EMF poisoning machine, and I can play with the wireless controller without feeling like crap.

Questions: do you have a game console? Have you ever had similar problems?

Gondwanaland

There has been an interesting discussion about this earlier here:
The Electrical Apocalypse: Can we avoid it?
@caledonia
I have been electrosensitive (ES) for 20 years. I had an exam done some months ago when they examined myelin and axons and it didn´t show any defects of the myelin sheets. So , I don´t believe in the hypothesis that Richvank proposed. I have also been on a methylation protocol for more than 2 years. I do wish it had been possible to discuss this with Rich...We talked about the connection with GST gene defects that he also wrote about and lifted in some of his last posts 2012.

@Wayne
I, like all electro sensitive people I have talked to during the past 20 years- hundreds, have been exposed to toxins like amalgam, mold, organic phosphates, toxins from new computers and other new electronic equipments. There are also other chemicals that have started the ES.

We know that some computer brands also caused more ES than others. One electrical fact (don´t know how to express this) is that these computers had spikes of high frequencies, not an even sinus curve.

Finance people, who worked with more than one computer, that got ES had there computers built in and the cover was ventilated not into their workroom. The young guys got rid of their ES. Sorry for my poor language.

The proof for me of the connection with toxic chemicals is that many people instantly became ES when they where exposed to a specific toxic chemical. And some people were not ES when they weren´t exposed any longer. E.g. after they had moved out from a house with mold. Some after amalgam removal.

I have looked at gene tests from about 20 people today that are ES. They all have gene defects in the methylation cycle, and they all have GST gene defects. So my opinion is that we are intoxicated due to genetic defects in the methylation (which causes to low glutathione) and/or to enzyme defect(-s) that lowers the conjugating/binding capacity of glutathione. Too low glutathione, that we can´t bind properly.

@Helen Interesting. So are you suggesting that EMFs are detoxified via glutathione? Or that improving methylation in general improves "something" that improves EMF sensitivity. As methylation affects over 40 important processes in the body, it could be most anything.

ps. if you're not better from EMFs after two years on methylation, there seems to be something missing from your protocol. I get improvement in MCS and startup of metal detox almost right away. I've also had partial improvement in thyroid and adrenals, and my sleep cycle regulating within a few months - these have all been very stubborn years long problems for me. Are you getting improvements like this?

jason30

Don't know if your docs can work with pharmacies here in the states, but the pharmacy that makes the prescription is Sinus Dynamics in Westlake Village near LA. The phone is 877-447-4276. You need the atomizer that comes with the nystatin/EDTA presciption. God bless, Troy

Thanks alot Troy!

jason30

Someone said to me that earth radiation could also make you more sensitive to EMF. Some people report that their EMF sensitivity increases when there is a full moon.
Someone heard about this before?

anne_likes_red

Fairly recent study from Japan on EMF, voltage-gated ion channels and MS.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25188068