• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

gallbladder??

Fuzzyhead

Been feeling poorly since the end of october when i had a night out and i was up all night feeling sick and bringing bile up. I started feeling like something was strained in my gallbladder area and then kept feeling something was wrong with my right shoulder blade. I also kept having acid reflux symptoms, burping alot after food, food/liquid coming back up, feeling like food was stuck etc. Had bloods done, chest listened to, oxygen levels checked and all ok. Had an endoscopy and all was ok except mild gastritis. I had an abdominal ultrasound and an x ray of my right shoulder and i have a 2cm gallstone. I am being referred to a surgeon. I keep worrying it's not the gallstone that's causing all this and it's my lung. I don't get the attacks that everyone talks about but i feel twinges and stabbing pains in the gallbladder area and i have a constant sore back and right shoulder that feels like it's skeletal but i have saw an osteopath and chiro who can't find any problem. I have right side headaches, random hot flashes, night sweats, nausea and generally feel shattered. If i have alcohol i am up all night feeling sick and all the next day i am bringing horrid bile up. Can anyone else relate to all this?

Kati

Patient in training
You're describing typical gallbladder issues which is very common with people our kind.

Mine acted up from the get go after my initial EBV infection. Liver enzymes were out of whack, I got sludge in the gallbladder, attacks here and there, and 4 months later the mother of all gallbladder attacks.

It ended up it was necrotic, when they got. It out.

Wayne

I am being referred to a surgeon.

Hi Fuzzyhead,

Your symptoms do indeed sound like a gall bladder issue. But I would stay away from any surgeons, at least for now. Surgeons do surgery. That's what they've trained for, and what they're paid very well to do. There are a lot of natural ways to clear sludge and gallstones out of the liver/gb area. A simple way to start is by supplementing with malic acid and taurine.

Regarding some of the attacks you're getting. Anything that will relax the bile ducts will bring relief. Hot baths are good, especially if you add epsom salts. Hot water bottles over the gb area will help, especially if you combine it with castor oil on the skin. Even massage in the gb area would be helpful. Please do not let yourself be rushed into surgery. A few simple steps can often get you quickly past the critical stage. A longer term strategy can then be put into place.

Good luck!

Fuzzyhead

I don't get the typical gallbladder attacks wayne, i just get back/shoulder ache and acid reflux symptoms and nausea/vomiting after alcohol.

Kati

Patient in training
I disagree with Wayne. gallbladder are best removed before they cause bigger problems, like mine who was too inflamed to be removed via laparoscopy. They hade to open a 6inch long zipper on my belly. I was in hospital for 2 weeks.

Evidence as it relates to gallbladder pathology is quite extensive. Hot baths, massage at the Gb area and natural therapies are not going to cut it.

Kati

Patient in training
I think the criteria for removal is when the walls of the gallbladder are thickened, suggesting inflammation. Elevated liver enzymes is a big sign.

Other signs would be clay coloured stool, which suggest complete blockage of the bile duct but a non-surgical procedure called ERCP could be attempted in this case.