• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anti-CD40 Antibodies Patent - Why do they include Fibromyalgia?

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
More questions still after finding this:
http://ehealthradio.podbean.com/mob...-developing-a-new-treatment-for-fibromyalgia/

Scratch this one. Even though this doctor/scientist has worked on CD40, he is trying to get the FDA to approve cyclobenzaprine for Fibromyalgia, which a lot of people are already using for Fibromyalgia anyway. Nothing new.

Cyclobenzaprine in its generic formulations is an "off label" use for fibromyaligia, now that "Tonix Pharmaceuticals" is marketing their VeryLowDose-cyclobenzaprine and their pending release of a sublingual version of cyclobenzaprine they are adding fibromylagia in the patent application, since cyclobenzaprine has never been FDA approved for fibromyalgia, just so they can "cast their net as wide as possible". Just my guess!

Patents don't mean anything at all regarding biology. People can patent nearly anything, without any basis needed for it. Quite a few researchers and others will pre-emptively patent pretty random things in the hope of getting lucky 10 years down the road.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Cyclobenzaprine in its generic formulations is an "off label" use for fibromyaligia, now that "Tonix Pharmaceuticals" is marketing their VeryLowDose-cyclobenzaprine and their pending release of a sublingual version of cyclobenzaprine they are adding fibromylagia in the patent application, since cyclobenzaprine has never been FDA approved for fibromyalgia, just so they can "cast their net as wide as possible". Just my guess!
Thank you for the follow up information.