• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Computer Use Problem

For some time now I've had an issue using a computer monitor. After a fairly short time, about an hour, I get headaches. My eyes often feel sore as well so it may be down to eye strain. I've tried focusing on something else every 20mins and recently had an eye check up.

Anyone had any experience of this and found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

wdb

I like to use a TV as a monitor, so rather than focusing on a 20" screen 2' away I have a 40" screen 4' away, that way the angular resolution is unchanged but it's a bit more comfortable to use.

CantThink

I use filters on my phone and tablet to decrease the brightness, and blue light, as it really hurts my eyes. I wear glasses as I am short sighted and they have an anti reflective coating (I dont always use them if I'm lying in bed). I use lubricating eye drops during the day and a lubricating night time eye ointment which helps a lot with the pain and gritty sensation.

The optician explained that the eye muscles get PEM too, so this is partly why they feel strained, and in my case, struggle to focus.

Thanks all will keep at it. Trying flux at the mo but doesn't seem to be helping. Have looked at Gunnar glasses but they seem quite expensive for something that may just be marketing fluff.