• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IOM Gives Chronic Fatigue Syndrome New Name and Definition

Gingergrrl

@Dr.Patient I saw the comment that I think you wrote (someone copied into another thread, I did not log into medscape) and if it was your comment, I just want to say, "Well-done." And if it wasn't, then well-done to whoever did write it!

Gingergrrl

Thank you, that was me.

I thought so and it was very well written although it made me sad to hear about your current circumstances. I agree with you that if there were a way to create a group of former healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, social workers, physical therapists, etc, etc) whose careers have been ended by ME/CFS (or SEID or whatever you want to call it) we might be able to provide a different perspective for research or advocacy. Do you have any ideas how to organize such a thing?

Gingergrrl

I have been thinking about setting up a website for this for about 2 years now, but had no strength to do it. May be soon I will do that!

@Dr.Patient I got your PM and would LOVE to help you to create a group for this. I have an appt so won't be able to respond until later this evening. I have no technical skills so would be useless as far as creating a website but I have lots of other ideas. I envision ways that former healthcare professionals can help this cause (worldwide- not just US professionals.) To be continued... :)

jeff_w

I have been thinking about setting up a website for this for about 2 years now, but had no strength to do it. May be soon I will do that!
@Dr.Patient I got your PM and would LOVE to help you to create a group for this. I have no technical skills so would be useless as far as creating a website but I have lots of other ideas. I envision ways that former healthcare professionals can help this cause (worldwide- not just US professionals.) To be continued... :)
@Dr.Patient and @Gingergrrl - I have designed and created many websites. I can do this part of the project. This is an extremely worthy cause and I can't think of a more important way to spend my energy.

When professionals (doctors, mental health workers, etc.) hear the ME/CFS stories of other professionals, they will be so much more likely to listen and take positive action.

Gingergrrl

@jeff_w Thank you for offering and you are awesome (I already knew that!) and we should maybe open a group PM for anyone interested in this idea. I want to hear exactly what @Dr.Patient envisioned and suspect it is similar to my idea and to what you are proposing. I also think it should involve university and medical school students (basically students in the healthcare field) who have been struck down by ME/CFS before even getting into their career in addition to someone like me who had a very successful career for 16 yrs which was abruptly ended by this illness.