• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NADH, anyone?

Aerose91

Has anyone used this and if so, any positive/negative effects? I'm also wondering if it helped with brain symptoms at all since I find conflicting information online on if it crosses the BBB or not.

jeff_w

NADH gives me a more alert feeling. It turns my brain on, reducing the fog.

I take 20mg sublingual daily.

Gondwanaland

This past week I read on another thread here that NADH supplementation works for a while and then stops working, exactly how I experienced it. I am taking a break from it now hoping it will help again when I restart it in a few weeks.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Has anyone used this and if so, any positive/negative effects? I'm also wondering if it helped with brain symptoms at all since I find conflicting information online on if it crosses the BBB or not.

It helped me noticeably with energy, temporarily stopped me from crashing for about 10 days, some ten years ago, and then stopped helping. I retried it a couple of times over the years (thought have not tried it again for several years) but never noticed any benefit again. But I think I've read about it helping some people over a longer period of time. I had to take 20 mg. a day to notice any benefit, 10 mg. did nothing for me.

Aerose91

Wow, that's so weird for something to work only temporarily. I wonder what the cause of that is :confused:

PeterPositive

I had minor positive effects, using a moderate dose of 5mg.
I've tried Seeking Health's sublingual NADH (25mg) + CoQ10 (50mg) but gives me an horrid headache, every time. Don't know if it's one of the active ingredient or one of the excipient... the lemon-like flavor is a bit strong for my taste...

Right now I am taking Source Natural's sublingual NAD (no H) + 5mg NADH in my B complex. Works without side effects.

Last edited:
Hello. I always have a good day---good mood, good energy--when I take a bit of NADH.

I take Ecological Forumulas 5 mg./tablet---BUT, I only take 1/4 a pill every 3 days or so---any more than that and it is not effective for me.... but it is worth it to take a tiny bit every third day for the boost I feel.

Cheers,
Silverseas2014

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Yes. It's been positive. I don't notice anything with the brain, but it does give me some energy. Also, it seems to help with FIBRO pain especially when I take it with Methylcobalamin (B-12) and Sam-e.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I took 5mg a few times and it had mostly positive effects. A lot of energy, less fatigue, increased sex drive. I felt just a little bit, but not too, 'edgy' on it. I think I should revisit it again.

I had minor positive effects, using a moderate dose of 5mg.
I've tried Seeking Health's sublingual NADH (25mg) + CoQ10 (50mg) but gives me an horrid headache, every time. Don't know if it's one of the active ingredient or one of the excipient... the lemon-like flavor is a bit strong for my taste...

My experience:
I came across NADH since it is supposed to increase BH4 levels (BH4 supplementation helps me a lot but is difficult to get and expensive, see threads here in the forum).

Took the Seeking Health product 25mg NADH sublingual regularely with no negative effects but also noted no positive effects (Which does not mean it has no benefints because my MS/CFS-like symptomes where gone before that try so caffeine like benefits as described regularely I would not notice because nowadays I usually wake up fresh anyway for a couple of months. So maybe it helps me but not noticeable).

Then I tried a stronger product from Vitabay with 50mg NADH sublingual. I got a horrible headache stronger than I have ever experienced before, I was really desperate, now I know how Migrane must feel like. I am usually in the lucky situation to have headache hardly ever (maybe five times a year a light headache, usually due to muscle tension in the neck when detoxing wich DMSA), Migrane I never have experienced before.

I am just wondering if NADH ist the wrong supplement for me (I do not need it) or it triggered some positive reaction? Some write that Niacin (NADH precursor) is generally important for detox (e.g. Cytochrome P450) and in particular it is supposed to open fat-cells for releasing toxines.

just my 2cents

Last edited: