• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplements for SNP defects ...

Would the following nutrients be appropriate for persons with the following SNP defects?

Person 1:
COMT V158 ++
COMT H62 ++
COMT P199 +-
VDR Bsm +-
VDR Taq +-
MAOA R297 ++
MTHFR C677 +-
MTR A2756 +-
MTRR A66 ++
MTRR A664 +-
BHMT 02 ++
BHMT 08 ++
CBS C699 +-
CBS A360 +-
(other snps are either -- or not reported)
Major Symptoms: Very high OCD, depression, family history of high homocysteine
Supplements: hydroxy+adenosyl B12 5+mg/day, methylfolate 1-20mg/day, folinic acid 800mcg/day, molybdenum 75mcg 2x/day, P5P 25mg/day, sunflower lecithin, lithium orotate, BH4?, 5HTP, D3, progesterone​

Person 2:
COMT V158 +-
COMT H62 +-
VDR Taq ++
MAOA R297 ++
MTHFR P39 +-
MTHFR A1298 ++
MTR A2756 +-
MTRR A664A +-
BHMT 08 +-
AHCY 01 +-
AHCY 19 +-
CBS A360 +-
(other snps are either -- or not reported)
Major Symptoms: OCD/Anxiety/Panic, Hashimoto's (currently hypothyroid), mild pyroluria, gluten & histamine sensitivity, etc.
Supplements: hydroxy+adenosyl+methyl B12 5+mg/day, methylfolate 1-20mg/day, folinic acid 800mcg/day, molybdenum 75mcg 2x/day, P5P 25mg/day, sunflower lecithin, lithium orotate, BH4?, 5HTP, D3, TMG, progesterone

Last edited:

kel88

I got the same mutations as person 2 only all of them homozygoot... :(
Only i dont have comt mutations...
Ive got also pyrroluria should that be because we have the same genetics?
And ive got also hypotheroid..
How much BH4 do you take?

Interesting kel88, person 2 also has sensitivities to histamine, and has a leaky gut & gluten issues. Avoiding gluten, wheat, and most grains have helped a lot.

We have not started BH4 supplementation ... we're just researching so far :) The way I understand it, BH4 is expensive, so we might go the route of supplying precursors, such as 5HTP and methylfolate.

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

@cookiemonster look up member @caledonia - she has useful documents linked to her signature "Start low and go slow" and "SNPs interpretation guide".

My attempts with 5-Htp, vit D and molybdenum weren't exactly successful for various reasons (autoimmunity, high uric acid etc). Unexpectedly Magnesium oxide was a huge help though. When taking B6 always take enough magnesium and zinc as well.

Be sure the hypothyroid person is having enough serum free T3 before trying supplements, especially lithium.

kel88

Cookymonster! In stead of 5htp i should better try NADH to recycle bh2 to bh4.. I did get a RX for BH4 yesterday! So my farmaceut order it so i hope i can try it this weekend ;)

I got also histamine problems/ mast cell problems as wel and also leaky gut ( food intolerance) and much gut issues ( every day diarrhea) ..

I did good on depyrrol ( b6,zinc, manganese) but now i developped neuropathic pain from it.. I think because B6 creat more sulfur / higher ammonia .. So thats wat got me much pain.. When i use yucca and molybdenun and take low sulfur foods i can take a bit more of b6/ P5P...

:)

kel88

MTHFR A1298C homozygoot
MTHFR 03 P39P Hetrozygoot
MTRR A66G homozygoot
MTRR A664A hetrozygoot
VDR Taq homozygoot
MAO-A R297R hetrozygoot
BHMT-08 homozygoot
CBS A360A homozygoot
AHCY 01 homozygoot
AHCY-19 homozygoot

Those are mine results from 23andme...

kel88

@Gondwanaland i see that you got also almost the same SNP"s, only than also more hetro just like person 2 ons this link.. But do you also have the same illnes as whe got?

RWP (Rest without Peace)

Can anyone tell me where the best place to get complete genetic testing is now? It seems like 23andme is no longer doing it---Genetic Genie, Nutratracker (sp?), etc?

caledonia

Can anyone tell me where the best place to get complete genetic testing is now? It seems like 23andme is no longer doing it---Genetic Genie, Nutratracker (sp?), etc?

You can still get genetic testing from 23andme. What they don't do any more is interpretation - which wasn't that great anyway, so small loss.

You can pull out relevant SNPs with Genetic Genie and MTHFRsupport.com. Use the SNPs Interpretation Guide in my signature links to interpret. This is a compilation of others' interpretations.

Not Nutrahacker. They pull random stuff from the internet without understanding it or bothering to read the research, and plagiarize material as well. Definitely not worth paying for.

kel88

Paul i also did the test af 23andne .. And i did also dont get any information. So i did upload my test also at genetic genie , and there i did get the results :)

I now in one month i now a lot of things that i didnt now because of the people here :) and the info on the internet! Now it makes all a lot of sence ... The whole puzzle is compleet.. Only now try to figer out how to treed my mutations ;)