• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CDC PCOCA conference call on 2/23/2015 with Dr. Montoya and Dr. Unger

Wally

http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/meetings/index.html

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30329-4027, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY: (888) 232-6348

Meetings & Workshops

CDC CFS Patient-Centered Outreach and Communication Activity (PCOCA) Conference Call

The CDC Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Patient-Centered Outreach and Communication Activity (PCOCA) Conference Call will be held on Monday, February 23, 2015.

Call number: 888-989-3481
Participant Code: 7298996

Meeting Agenda
Time Agenda Details
3:00pm
Welcome and Telephone Overview
3:05pm Updates from CDC - Elizabeth Unger, PhD, MD
Branch Chief, Chronic Viral Diseases Branch
3:15pm "Stanford ME/CFS Initiative: Collaboration, Innovation and Discovery"
Jose Montoya, MD

Professor of Medicine
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine
School of Medicine Stanford University, Stanford, California
3:45pm Questions from CFSPCOCACall Mailbox for Guest Speaker and CDC

Previous Conference Calls

Page Last Reviewed: January 30, 2015
Page Last Updated: January 30, 2015
Content source: Centers for Disease Control and PreventionNational Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID)Division of High-Consequence Pathogens and Pathology (DHCPP)

Additional information about this phone conference received from the CDC by e-mail notification.
Disclaimer: Although the content of calls is directed to patients, caregivers, health care professionals, and other interested parties, CDC has no control over who participates on the conference call. Therefore please exercise discretion on sensitive content and material, as confidentiality during these calls cannot be guaranteed.

Please note that questions for the Guest Speakers and CDC can be submitted only via email at CFSPCOCACall@cdc.gov. This mailbox cannot respond to inquires received and is in use only for the scheduled CFS PCOCA calls.

If you would like to be added to the call list, please send an email to CFSPCOCACall@cdc.gov.

Contact for CFSPCOCA Conference Call:
CFSPCOCACall@cdc.gov

The next CDC CFS PCOCA Conference Call is scheduled for this Fall, at this time no specific date has been set for this call. If you would like to receive an e-mail notification regarding the upcoming phone conference on 2/23/2015 and about future phone conferences, then send a request to this e-mail CFSPCOCACall@cdc.gov to request that you be added to the CDC's CFS PCOCA Conference Call list. Information about these calls is usually released about 4 to 6 weeks prior to the call and a reminder notification is sent out about a week before the call. If any changes are made to the phone conference, this information will also be sent out via e-mail notification and should appear on the CDC website once the website is updated. See, http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/meetings/cfspcoca.html

*Special thanks to @Denise for providing additional information about this phone conference that has not yet been updated on the CDC's website at the CFS PCOCA Conference Call page - http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/meetings/cfspcoca.html.

Last edited:

Hope123

http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/meetings/index.html

I contacted Dr. Unger's office to find out if the 2/23/2015 CDC PCOCA conference call would be taking place because no agenda or call number/participant code has been posted on the CDC website. I was informed that the conference call would take place on 2/13/2015 at 3:00 pm (EST) with Dr. Jose Montoya presenting "information on the Stanford Research program that he directs". The call in number and participant code for this conference should be posted online at http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/meetings as soon as it is available.

You may want to check with Dr. Unger's office again as the website meeting page does not list much information but then I was directed to this other page by someone where the agenda, data, time, passcode are listed. The date there is STILL FEBRUARY 23:

http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/meetings/cfspcoca.html

Denise

In addition to the CDC website indicating that the call is on the 23rd, the email sent out by the CDC listserv says February 23rd:

MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Monday, February 23, 2015
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST
CDC CFS Patient-centered outreach and communication activity (PCOCA) Conference Call
Call number: 1-888-989-3481

Please mark your calendars for the next CDC Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Patient-Centered Outreach and Communication Activity (PCOCA) Conference Call.
Meeting Agenda
3:00pm Welcome and Telephone Overview
3:05pm Updates from CDC – Elizabeth Unger, PhD, MD
Jose Montoya, MDProfessor of Medicine

3:45pm Questions from CFSPCOCA Call Mailbox for Guest Speaker and CDC
Disclaimer: Although the content of calls is directed to patients, caregivers, health care professionals, and other interested parties, CDC has no control over who participates on the conference call. Therefore please exercise discretion on sensitive content and material, as confidentiality during these calls cannot be guaranteed.
Please note that questions for the Guest Speakers and CDC can be submitted only via email at CFSPCOCACall@cdc.gov. This mailbox cannot respond to inquires received and is in use only for the scheduled CFS PCOCA calls. If you would like to be added to the call list, please send an email to CFSPCOCACall@cdc.gov.
Contact for CFSPCOCA Conference Call:
CFSPCOCACall@cdc.gov

Wally

Here is updated information about the CDC Phone Conference scheduled for 2/25/2015. (Note - I will update this information when the address for the Mailbox to receive questions for this phone conference is available. I am also trying to confirm the correct address to use to sign-up to receive future e-mail notifications about these phone conferences. It is also my understanding that another phone conference is planned for the Fall, but no specific date has for this conference is currently available.)

CDC CFS Patient-Centered Outreach and Communication Activity (PCOCA) Conference Call

The next CDC Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Patient-Centered Outreach and Communication Activity (PCOCA) Conference Call will be held on February 23, 2015.

Call number: 888-989-3481

Meeting Agenda
Time Agenda Details
3:00pm
Welcome and Telephone Overview
3:05pm Updates from CDC - Elizabeth Unger, PhD, MD
Jose Montoya, MD

Professor of Medicine
3:45pm Questions from CFSPCOCACall Mailbox for Guest Speaker and CDC

Denise

Here is updated information about the CDC Phone Conference scheduled for 2/25/2015. (Note - I will update this information when the address for the Mailbox to receive questions for this phone conference is available. I am also trying to confirm the correct address to use to sign-up to receive future e-mail notifications about these phone conferences. It is also my understanding that another phone conference is planned for the Fall, but no specific date has for this conference is currently available.)

@Wally - as you note the CDC PCOCA calls have been taking take place twice a year and the call date is usually announced about 6 weeks ahead.

I think some of the answers to your other questions - submitting questions and signup are here:
Mailbox to submit questions for PCOCA call:
"Please note that questions for the Guest Speakers and CDC can be submitted only via email at CFSPCOCACall@cdc.gov. "

To be added to the listserv:
"If you would like to be added to the call list, please send an email to CFSPCOCACall@cdc.gov."

Wally

@Denise,
Our posts were crossing. I had tried to update this information this morning, but I no longer had editing rights on my original post so I had sent a report to the moderation staff to see if they could update this information. When it did not look like the update had taken place, I was typing up a new post and I think that is when our posts crossed. Thanks for adding the information that you received.

I have been in contact this morning with CDC to ask about the mailbox address that will be used to receive questions for this call, as well as the best way to receive notifications about future ME/CFS Phone Conferences. I was told that the CDC does not have a specific listserv sign-up on their website just for CFS, but they have another list that they keep if people are interesting in receiving notification about these phone conferences.

Not sure if you have any other information about these phone conferences, but this is what has been relayed to me via e-mail from the CDC.

Wally

@Denise,
Our posts were crossing. I had tried to update this information this morning, but I no longer had editing rights on my original post so I had sent a report to the moderation staff to see if they could update this information. When it did not look like the update had taken place, I was typing up a new post and I think that is when our posts crossed. Thanks for adding the information that you received.

I have been in contact this morning with CDC to ask about the mailbox address that will be used to receive questions for this call, as well as the best way to receive notifications about future ME/CFS Phone Conferences. I was told that the CDC does not have a specific listserv sign-up on their website just for CFS, but they have another list that they keep if people are interesting in receiving notification about these phone conferences.

Not sure if you have any other information about these phone conferences, but this is what has been relayed to me via e-mail from the CDC.

@Denise,
Yikes - again are posts are crossing. Thanks for all the information, you are a much faster source of information than the CDC. :D

I will send a message to a moderator to see if all this information can be combined into one post to make it easy for people to follow.

Denise

@Denise,

@Wally - I don't think I have any additional information about the phone conferences. I had originally heard a bit about the upcoming PCOCA call during the December CFSAC webinar and I received the additional info via the listserv.

Sing

Just listened to Science Friday on npr.org about current research on women and alzheimer's risk. Nearly ⅔ of alz patients are women. The neurologists said that starting at perimenopause about 10% of women get a deficiency of estrogen which affects how their brains can get fuel. Instead of glucose, these women start to have to use ketones. The neurologists described this onset scenario as a lack of energy in the brain. It is not only the presence of the particular cellular or mitochondrial DNA precursors but the reduction in estrogen in the brain.

I hope that Dr. Montoya will touch on the issue of hormonal insufficiency as it relates to ME/CFS or SEID, with a consequence of cognitive and memory problems, insomnia (they also mentioned that symptom), and a lack of energy in the brain. I understand it won't be exactly the same as with SEID but I wonder if there are links here....