• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Douglas Labs Gluten Free Superoxide Dismutase

adreno

PR activist
Douglas labs is a good and reliable brand, but to my knowledge SOD doesn't survive the trip through the stomach. That's why it's encapsulated in the glisodin products.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I cannot comment on this form of SOD, but I am pleased with Extramel French melon extract

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Douglas labs is a good and reliable brand, but to my knowledge SOD doesn't survive the trip through the stomach. That's why it's encapsulated in the glisodin products.
That's disappointing. I think I will contact them and ask them if they know whether or not it can get past the stomach.

perchance dreamer

@Sherpa, I ordered the Seeking Health SOD and will receive it tomorrow. I'm going to try 1/2 cap, too, since I have a sensitive system.

I do this with some other supplements and store the powder I don't use from a cap in a 1 oz glass jar. I wrap foil around the jar to keep light out and secure it with a rubber band. I use these from The Container Store:
688290CommercialStraightSidedJar1oz_.jpg

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
Cool... I just weigh the contents of one cap on a milligram scale ($20 on amazon)...for seeking health SOD its about 168mg..and write that number on the bottle cap in sharpie for future refefence. Then next time I pour half ... 84mg..onto the scale and gel cap it... Put the top back on the gelcap I poured from. Then I have two perfectly divided, airtight gel caps.

Last edited:

xena

Cool... I just weigh the contents of one cap on a milligram scale ($20 on amazon)...for seeking health SOD its about 168mg..and write that number on the bottle cap in sharpie for future refefence. Then next time I pour half ... 84mg..onto the scale and gel cap it... Put the top back on the gelcap I poured from. Then I have two perfectly divided, airtight gel caps.

@Sherpa did you also try a gliSODin formulation? I am trying to decide btw Seeking Health and the glisodin