• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

dangerous b12 injections

drob31

You sure they didn't mix up the lethal injection they give to dogs with b12 shots?

Scruffy! Noooooooo....

PeterPositive

Dark green doesn't sound like B12! Must definitely be red, otherwise it's either expired or it contains other stuff.

physicsstudent13

I have such terrible and ridiculous internists who won't prescribe me b injections, they only will inject the red b12 in the office with a long office visit.

Gingergrrl

Can you get it prescribed by a naturopath and made by a compounding pharmacy? It is definitely supposed to be a red color.

physicsstudent13

I guess I'll try, my insurance won't cover...I've lost all hope after being so damaged and brain damaged and heart damaged.

Gingergrrl

Don't give up hope just please don't inject something from a vet that is clearly the wrong color for B12 and may be expired. It is not worth the risk!

Freddd

I guess I'll try, my insurance won't cover...I've lost all hope after being so damaged and brain damaged and heart damaged.

HI Physicsstudent,

Try the Enzynmatic Therapy B12 infusion. Held for 45 minutes to 2 hours it can do very well for a person, as good or better than most injections. The 30mg/day injectable MeCbl that I need is around $1000/month at compounding pharmacies. And some months are better than others. And the Anabol Naturals AdoCbl (Dibencoplex) is also excellent and there is no injectable for that. Veterinary MeCbl injectable solution is deep magenta just like for humans and is no different and has to get made up in the same pharmacies. Also if you see the color it is breaking down as you watch it and rapidly loosing effectiveness.

physicsstudent13

Thanks so much Dear Friend!!! I think I am having small improvements on the b12 injections and Freddd's protocol and raised my b12 level to 1700. I also have been taking methylfolate and l carnitine fumarate and selenium, magnesium and hope I can save what is left of my swiss cheese brain
Now if I can only find a way to help my scarred lungs with asthma and terrible fogginess and slowed thinking?

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/13177615513186274750?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=enzymatic b12&oq=enzymatic b12&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.85076809,d.eXY&biw=974&bih=336&dpr=1.25&tch=1&ech=1&psi=Dp7NVLSXEMGkgwTaxoDwCA.1422718286945.3&sa=X&ei=Gp7NVO6aEoWzggSN4oLoDw&ved=0CJcBEL4k

Last edited: