• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

D-Aspartic Acid?

SwanRonson

Has anyone used D-Aspartic Acid to raise testosterone? Three grams per day supposedly raised free testosterone by 40% based on the studies referenced in this report. I really don't understand what he's saying about excitotoxins and NMDA though.

drob31

I've used it for that purpose. The theory is that it raises LH, which in turn should cause the testes to produce more testosterone. What I noticed, however is that my total T was pretty consistent even when my LH was higher or lower. Also, I've read that it's only effective for 3-4 weeks at a time.

I think creatine is supposed to counter the effect on the NMDA issue.

Did very little I could feel on its own and wasn't willing to try higher doses (anecdotal reports of terrible side effects).

I tried it for the NMDA agonism (clearer thinking) but it was nowhere near sarcosine on that.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
That is something I would highly avoid, given the neuroexcitotoxicity halo that anything aspartate related raises. Indeed, there are reports of long lasting negative effects.

And anyway, free testosterone enhancing supps/foods/activities is what you want testosterone-wise. Total testosterone means nothing to me, with my high total T and pathetic free test I have like 5% of the libido I had pre-illness.

Last edited:

drob31

That is something I would highly avoid, given the neuroexcitotoxicity halo that anything aspartate related raises. Indeed, there are reports of long lasting negative effects.

And anyway, free testosterone enhancing supps/foods/activities is what you want testosterone-wise. Total testosterone means nothing to me, with my high total T and pathetic free test I have like 5% of the libido I had pre-illness.

Yeah, I just got my levels done. As of 2 weeks ago my total T was 636, and free T was 11.7, within reference range, but low end.

I don't remember the numbers because I didn't care at the time, but I can say 50mg time-release zinc gluconate + eggs (soft-boiled preferable) kept my libido going while everything else was utterly broken, and I notice they still do when I start/stop. Boron might help noticeably the first time you take it if you never have, then dissipates. From the list above I also took vit D and grape seed extract I wasn't aware related to T.