• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

do these titers merit treatment?

aquariusgirl

Cytomeglavirus AB Igg 8.7 ..anything over 1.0 is positive

HHV6 Igg antibodies 1.38 Positive is over 0.99

mycoplasma pneumonia Igg ABs 145 positive is over 320

CPN IGG 1:64 negative is under 1:16

thanks

halcyon

Did you get IgM testing for any of these as well?

According to the HHV6 Foundation and Dr. Chia the HHV6 titer would be considered very low and not active.

According to Dr. Lerner, that mycoplasma titer wouldn't be considered active. He doesn't mention specific titers for treating CMV, just that a higher titer equals a higher viral load. He also mentions that CMV IgM testing is inaccurate, but uses it anyways?

I'm not sure about the CPN titer. I know many others here have treated CPN so hopefully they can chime in.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Cytomeglavirus AB Igg 8.7 ..anything over 1.0 is positive

HHV6 Igg antibodies 1.38 Positive is over 0.99

mycoplasma pneumonia Igg ABs 145 positive is over 320

CPN IGG 1:64 negative is under 1:16

thanks

The labs look to have different values to what is commonly quoted on the hhv6 site.
I think it would be best to go off what the lab that did the tests say until you find anything further.
Your cmv lab values look similar to my labs with a positive over 1.0.

If you treat cmv you will be treating hhv6 anyway?

CPN can also be immune suppressing so trying to treat it is worth it i would think. Untreated bacterial infections can stop or reduce positive improvements from antivirals for cmv etc

Have you had ebv tested as well as other bacterial infections like mycoplasma, lyme etc?? Any immune testing eg neutrophils, lymphocytes nk cells? if they are dysfunction it can also be more of a clue that these infections could be causing problems??

cheers!!

halcyon

The labs look to have different values to what is commonly quoted on the hhv6 site.
I think it would be best to go off what the lab that did the tests say until you find anything further.
I'm pretty sure it's an ELISA IgG test which is the first thing listed on their testing page. They say > 5 might be an active infection. My titer on this test was 3.36 and Dr. Chia said that was low and not indicative of active infection.