• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hydroxocobalamin injections--How much? Bad reactions?

Just curious if anyone has taken hydroxocobalamin (preservative free) injections and, if so, how much, frequency and did they experience any bad reactions? My functional doc has prescribed 1mg/1ML injections every other day for 10 days, then every 2 weeks for 8 times, then once per month for maintenance. This appears to be the right form for me based on SNPs; and I'm extremely low on B12 and folate. However, is this too high/frequent a dose and are side effects likely?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
However, is this too high/frequent a dose and are side effects likely?

Are you also taking methyl folate? If so you would be stimulating methylation and your reactions would likely be from increasing methylation rather than B12 itself. Perhaps try a lower dose first? I inject 1 mg every day and have so for years, but we are all individual so many people start with low doses and work up to what is best for them.

Sushi

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I used 10,000 mcg per ml 15 years ago which I think was what Cheney recommended. I don't remember it doing much for me. I don't remember how often I used it , maybe every other day?