• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

gamma e tocohpherol and startup symptoms

vortex

on my methylation panel, it showed high nitrotyosine which is a result of high peroxynitrite

Peroxynitrite induces destruction of the tetrahydrobiopterin
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20184376

so I began taking gamma e tocopherol which quences peroxynitrite and without changing anything else, I started getting an overmethyation startup reaction, trembling, grinding feeling.

So I am wondering if some of these high doses of methylation supplements like the people taking 2-15mg of methylfolate is an attempt to overcome the destruction of bh4 from peroxynitrite. I wonder why richvank never put this gamma E into his protocol ?

I guess I will run another methylation panel and see if my nitrotyrosine levels have come down.

PeterPositive

... this is probably a stupid question, I haven't studied the NO / ONOO cycle yet... but I recall Dr Ben Lynch talking about methylfolate causing a raise in nitric oxide which in turn can worsen inflammation, if it's excessive.

Am I completely ass-backwards? :D

I had some problems with methylfolate initially and I recall similar and stronger issues with Arginine, which is also expected to boost NO, probably more than 5-MTHF.

drob31

on my methylation panel, it showed high nitrotyosine which is a result of high peroxynitrite

Peroxynitrite induces destruction of the tetrahydrobiopterin
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20184376

so I began taking gamma e tocopherol which quences peroxynitrite and without changing anything else, I started getting an overmethyation startup reaction, trembling, grinding feeling.

So I am wondering if some of these high doses of methylation supplements like the people taking 2-15mg of methylfolate is an attempt to overcome the destruction of bh4 from peroxynitrite. I wonder why richvank never put this gamma E into his protocol ?

I guess I will run another methylation panel and see if my nitrotyrosine levels have come down.

BH4 is also the rate limiting enzyme for dopamine if I'm not mistaken. Low BH4 and low dopamine conversion?

High ammonia (because of bacteria, or poor methylation?), leading to high NO, leading to high peroxynitrite which breaks doen BH4, which leads to a decrease in some neurotransmitters.... (hypothesis)

vortex

MFolate is the first thing in Martin Pall's list for quenching peroxy. I've also just switched to gamma E, due to his recommendation. AdB12 and ALCAR are also among his recommendations. BH4 cycle is central to his explanations.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...isease-martin-pall-website.34969/#post-550190
@ahmo have you made any progress since using gamma E? Gamma Tocotrienol is supposed to be 50 times more potent. So I am going to try that in addition to my gamma tocopherol and then re-run my nitrotyrosine levels to see if I am making any progress.