• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctor that prescribes Valcyte

Hi I am located in Miami, does anyone know a Dr. that prescribes Valcyte for my HHV6 closer to me? I was going to go to Michigan to get it but its just too far to travel and the expenses of traveling will be too high.\

I would drive a good amount just not 2 days of driving good amount.

Thanks for your help.
Matt

SOC

Hi I am located in Miami, does anyone know a Dr. that prescribes Valcyte for my HHV6 closer to me? I was going to go to Michigan to get it but its just too far to travel and the expenses of traveling will be too high.\

I would drive a good amount just not 2 days of driving good amount.

Thanks for your help.
Matt

It seems like if you're in Miami, Dr. Nancy Klimas would be the obvious choice. I'm not 100% sure she prescribes Valcyte, but I would be surprised if she didn't.
The doctors at INIM (Dr Klimas, Dr Rey, Dr Vera) will prescribe Valcyte for HHV6 in some cases. They might want you to try Famvir first since it has some effect on HHV6 and is safer (for most people) and much less expensive.

Dr Klimas' and Dr Rey's practices are closed, but I think Dr Vera is still taking patients. If you want to become an INIM patient, I'd call them pronto because they seem to be filling up their practices quickly.

SOC

She doesn't , or at least not to me! I went there and she does immunovir and LDN
When was that? They do antivirals now, including Valcyte, if you meet the criteria. My daughter and I both get Valcyte scripts from INIM. I won't say everyone will get Valcyte from INIM, but some people do.

Another option is to go to Dr Lerner for a while, then switch to INIM with a history of success with Valcyte. That will increase the likelihood they'll continue it with you. The problem with that plan is the Dr Lerner will not prescribe Valcyte unless you come to his office once every 4-6 weeks. That's a lot of travel from Miami!

physicsstudent13

is it good to take valcyte if you have neurological symptoms? maybe it could help bell's palsy or a shingles infection?
It seems that my doctors were letting me slowly die without medication always demanding a diagnosis. actually I saw that some doctors have a background in economics not like pure science