• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Ampligen/NK cell study performed by Hemispherx on CFS samples

barbc56

What is the difference between subgroups and a spectrum?

Interesting. I don't think I have heard the term spectrum for us before.

Barb

Kati

Patient in training
What is the difference between subgroups and a spectrum?

Interesting. I don't think I have heard the term spectrum for us before.

Barb
Subgroups or subsets and spectrum are total opposite. A patient spectrum implies a wide range of patients.

For instance, autism spectrum disorder refers to a wide variety of autistic patients, from mild to severely affected children.

It will be interesting data for sure, but I wish they had gone at least partly out of house for this one. Hemispherx has already had plenty of critique on their patient selection criteria in the past, and that n = 15 is automatically going to suggest a curated data set to a wary FDA. I've got a lot of faith that Ampligen can improve quality of life for a number of PWCFS, but Dr. Strayer really needs to let someone else play with the baby so that independent verification can put reviewer minds at ease.