• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VSL 3

drob31

Does anyone have experience with VSL3? I've tried allot of probiotics, and recently tried prescript-assist which is almost as expensive as VSL3, and Chris Kresser recommended (not that it means allot). I've also been looking for mutaflor in north America, but it only seems to exist in Europe. Also, I've heard anecdotal reports that there is a double strength version of VSL3, although I'm not sure what strains VSL3 has that's better than the others. It seems to contain some generic strains, but supposedly arrives on ice.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Does anyone have experience with VSL3?
Here is a thread where it is discussed. VSL-3 comes in sachets and tablets (or is it capsules?). Anyway, the sachets are double strength though the same bacteria. My doctor prescribed the sachets.

Sushi

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I didn´t feel anything with the VSL-3 sachets. They make good yogurt though. Chlorella 25 grams a day is the supplement that has helped more my "leaky gut" from like 20 different ones.

drob31

Wouldn't it be a slow process though? I mean how long would it take to build the gut flora back up?

tinacarroll27

Took me 6 months to a year to improve with home made yoghurt but It has not cured me but it helped with my POTs a lot. I can now have a bath without feeling faint and do some light house work but I am still housebound. I tried VSL3 but didn't stay on it long enough to tell how good it is. Very expensive! I use bio kult and it seems to have helped. Make yoghurt with it.