• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A different kind of wheelchair

NK17

Thanks @Andrew, I'll look into it. To be honest with you I've been in such a bad flare up, since this past summer, that it's more a long term plan thinking about riding my wheelchair with such a cool attachment ;).

Got to think about the future somehow.
I don't live in an apartment building anymore, but still have a series of steps scattered around which make indoor/outdoor mobility an issue.

Let's hope we can rally up one day, a bunch of PR people and ride a cool scooter/wheelchair together :hug:.

Gingergrrl

Let's hope we can rally up one day, a bunch of PR people and ride a cool scooter/wheelchair together :hug:.

@NK17 Count me in and some day we will do this!!! :thumbsup:

However, the woman in the video looked like she has very good solid arm strength (which I do not have) so I would need someone to lift and assemble the bike part of the wheelchair for me. I also would not be able to roll the regular part of the wheelchair by myself. My current wheelchair is very light weight and folds up and we keep it in the trunk of the car. My husband lifts and unfolds it and pushes me in it when we go somewhere.

However, the woman in the video looked like she has very good solid arm strength (which I do not have) so I would need someone to lift and assemble the bike part of the wheelchair for me. I also would not be able to roll the regular part of the wheelchair by myself.

Same for me.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

That sounds fantastic!

I will need a fully motorized one, too.

Or a really good treatment or a cure... :) I hold out hope that this is coming soon. In the meantime, though, I do need electric wheels.

Thanks, @Andrew for the cool link.

Kati

Patient in training
image.jpg

And here is something around the same line of sight :D When I saw it I thought "I knew it ! i knew existed!

Where can I get one? I'm afraid to look it up and find out it is only available in NZ and not in the US.
The company making the video is in the Netherlands (I thought the "architecture" in the background looked too familiar), and it looks like they ship directly throughout Europe at least. The town is the same one where my fiance went to a technical university :D

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
cost is £1,995 in UK - I want one, but way too expensive. I wonder if they are compatible with NHS wheelcahirs?
such a brilliant idea - although I would like mine to go a little slower - looked a bit scary!