• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How does this Genes Panel sound to you?

ok, so I used the Livewello tool.
in a nutshell here is what i was able to pick up (i need more on line reading to understand).
Lot of greens (-/-) not sure if its good or bad / maybe it needs indepth approach when reading them.

RED ONES (+/+):
Clotting: CEPT
IgA genes: HLA-DQA2, MTC03P1, PSMB8, (that should explain a bit endless infections)
IgE genes:CD14

Methylation :
BHMT 2 of them
CBS C699T (sure - amonia / sulphur intolerance)
COMT (sure - anxiety like crazy)
FOLR3
GAD1 (three types)
GIF
MAOB
MTRR A66G
SOD3

How does it sounds to you? Anyone with similar issues?
Im concerned about IgA genes and methylation.
Got a lot of GI issues and repetead ENT infections...

Valentijn

@AkeBono -
The BHMT and CBS SNPs have little or no impact, and I wouldn't be a hurry to blame COMT for anything either. MTRR A66G +/+ means that B12 recycling is at 30% of the normal rate. Hence B12 supplementation might be helpful.

Many thanks for your feedback, Valentijn!
Got one question - why shouldnt I consider the BHMT and CBS as having impact? have they "less impact" on the overall situation? just want to understand...
I was supplementing with B12 in the past (didnt know about the MTRR stuff) and got very jittery and wired after...i stopped it...even very small amount make me jittery...both hidroxy and methylcob...

PeterPositive

Got one question - why shouldnt I consider the BHMT and CBS as having impact? have they "less impact" on the overall situation? just want to understand...
I was supplementing with B12 in the past (didnt know about the MTRR stuff) and got very jittery and wired after...i stopped it...even very small amount make me jittery...both hidroxy and methylcob...
How much B12 were you taking?
Often times the key is to start low enough so that you don't get any adverse symptoms and gradually increase the dose. It has taken me over 2 years to be able to tolerate moderately high doses of Methyl-B12

cheers

Valentijn

Some SNPs have a big impact in the functioning of the gene which they're on. Other SNPs have a tiny impact, and most SNPs have no impact. The research regarding those BHMT and CBS SNPs shows that they have little or no impact. Yasko seems to disagree, but doesn't have any data supporting her claims.

PeterPositive

Some SNPs have a big impact in the functioning of the gene which they're on. Other SNPs have a tiny impact, and most SNPs have no impact. The research regarding those BHMT and CBS SNPs shows that they have little or no impact. Yasko seems to disagree, but doesn't have any data supporting her claims.
Interesting. How exactly does one determine which SNPs have relevant impact vs those who don't?
SNPedia and similar? Other sources?

thanks

Valentijn

Interesting. How exactly does one determine which SNPs have relevant impact vs those who don't?
SNPedia and similar? Other sources?
SNPedia is a good starting place, but only because it links to the actual research. At this point I don't there are any reliable summaries, so it's necessary to read the research. I recommend google scholar.