• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blood pressure & methylation

My blood pressure was always low but has skyrocketed these past few weeks. Does anyone have any experience with this? Might it be the b12 or methylfolate or is it likely unrelated?

Freddd

Are you taking CoQ10? @Freddd has mentioned this with methylation can raise blood pressure. At least that's what my memory is telling me.

In the early stages, the first year for me, if I took CoQ10 my BP shoot up by 50+ points, like 190/100, Now mine is down to 120/70 about half the times it's measured. I've been taking CoQ10 for 9-10 years again now. It didn't normalize in response until after a year of healing and adding AdoCbl and potassium.

taniaaust1

I dont know the answer to your question but the ME itself seems to be able to do things which can cause one to go from low BP to high BP spikes. It can be due to the autonomic dysfunction issues eg [probably caused throu excess noradrenaline at times going on.

I thought CoQ10 decreases BP! I have been taking it now for months for both ME and heart benefits. I did stop it for a week and didn't notice a change in BP though so I don't think I can attribute it to coQ10.

picante

Thyroid hormone raised my blood pressure (T3). From about 90/60 to 115/70 or thereabouts.

I'm glad you asked this question, though, because I'm having hot flashes while taking sublingual MeB12.