• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Taking Buhner and Cowden Herbs but don't Herx

bertiedog

I am feeling rather confused at the moment. Since last August this year I have gradually built up to 9 Andrographis daily, 9 Japanese Knotweed, 30 drops Banderol, 30 drops Cumanda, 2 Serraptase plus Burbur for detoxification but I don't get any reaction good or bad.

Have continued with my general supplements to help methylation etc.

My energy is about the same, some days very good other days poor plus still I can get very frequent severe migraines and have to be so strict about my diet.

Also I take 1.2 mg LDN since June this year. I have just sent off today my 23andme test so maybe that might throw a bit more light on my situation.

I have a Garmin Viofit tracker and my average daily steps are around 5700 but I can go as high as 7500 but it does tend to deplete me the next day. I have to take 6.5 mg Prednisolone daily plus 2 grains ERFA thyroid but have been on these 12 years so no change there.

My CD57 cells were around 67 when tested in July this year and Infectolab gave me a definite positive result for borrelia and also a probable infection of Ehrlichia.

Possibly my immune system is a little stronger but I am still picking up throat viruses which make me feel not great however I haven't needed antibiotics which other years I have needed. This time my body even managed to make a bit of catarrh which seems to then stop the drawing pain I get from them so maybe there is some subtle progress. Also I am 66 years old and been ill for a very long time so I guess this would also affect things.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this. I used to be very sensitive to herbs and medications so I find all of this quite unusual.

Pam

What virus are you trying to treat?

We have been using Buhner's EBV protocol for kiddo and it has provided good results for her Coxsackie, HHV-6 and her energy and moods have improved greatly. Her EBV is still above 600, but if it was say 2000 when we started, it will take a while to get below 600.

bertiedog

@Slicky I have loads of Herpes viruses over range but not EBV and also Coxsackie was 1000 which was high but I don't have a clue which virus I regularly get every winter that hits my throat. In fact my throat never looks normal anytime of the year but it doesn't hurt me in the summer months though always very red with white crusts on my tonsils. So far this year there is some progress because I haven't needed antibiotics and usually by now I would have had at least one course.

Will soon be adding in more herbals so hopefully these will help too. Glad you are having some success with your child.

Pam

@Slicky I have loads of Herpes viruses over range but not EBV and also Coxsackie was 1000 which was high but I don't have a clue which virus I regularly get every winter that hits my throat. In fact my throat never looks normal anytime of the year but it doesn't hurt me in the summer months though always very red with white crusts on my tonsils. So far this year there is some progress because I haven't needed antibiotics and usually by now I would have had at least one course.

Will soon be adding in more herbals so hopefully these will help too. Glad you are having some success with your child.

Pam

Kiddos Coxsackie A all were IGG 1:1600 and IGM 1:160 before we started the herbs. Five months after the herbs, her Coxsackie IGMs are all negative. Her HHV-6 was 10.71, now it is 4.54. That, and the fact that her energy and mood have improved a lot makes me think the EBV is on its way down too. Doc forgot to retest Coxsackie Bs which were all high too.

Which protocol are you going to try to follow?