• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Molybdenum question

Hi all,
I have mercury toxicity and candida. I'm about down to nothing with food. I had to choose the lesser of the two evils that are affecting me. Sulphur (thiol foods) or starchy veggies. Sulphur foods almost put me in a coma, so I chose the candida foods if you will. Just the veggies. I am sugar free besides the veggies. I read where moly can help clear the sulphur and also help with candida so I'm giving it a try.

The almost second I put it in my body it has a huge relaxing effect. Now for me this is a good thing but is it really? I'm wondering if anyone would know why it would have this effect on me. What is it doing in my body that I am reacting like this? Is this a detox reaction? Wouldn't seem detox would go like this.

At any rate I just wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks!
CO:)

sregan

You have a buildup of acetaldehyde which is supposed to be a by product of Candida and Alcohol. Moly will help convert that to Acetic acid which your body needs. acetaldehyde is what makes us feel like crap when we are "hung over"

So you are saying that the molybdenum is detoxing the acetaldehyde and it's making me feel this way?

I am on a very small amount as well. Ten drops is 675 mcgs and I'm only taking two drops.

Thanks!

caledonia

The moly will help with both acetaldehyde and sulfur.

Yasko suggest 75mcg, so the amount you're taking is in the ballpark. If you go higher, it's possible to drive sulfur too low and that's not good either.

The bad gut bugs such as candida hang onto metals. If you do a gut program which kills the bad bugs, such as the 4R Gut Rebuilding Program linked in my signature below, you will start to detox the mercury.

Many people (and doctors) are under the impression that you can starve out candida with diet - you can't.

You can go further and pursue methylation treatment to get rid of the mercury. (Assuming you have eliminated sources of exposure such as mercury fillings or fish.) Methylation treatment will also help further with gut issues if there are any problems remaining after doing a 4R Program.

If you're not sure what methylation is, see the Methylation Made Easy videos (first link in my signature).

Thank you Caledonia.
So this relaxation feeling is normal. Why? Do you know.
I just had my last amalgam out a month ago. Yes I am very familiar with methylation. I have just recently taken methyl b12 and it makes me feel like I'm going to burst. Not like anger or anything. Just like bursting feeling. It's hard to explain. I took very very little of that as well. I stopped. I couldn't stand the feeling. I don't know if that was right or wrong. A half a dropper is 1000mcgs and I took two drops.

Gondwanaland

@Cricketsof it would be useful to know what else you are taking. I had this bursting feeling from salicylate intolerance and magnesium oxide helped with that.

izzy

I take magnesium, vitamin c, olive leaf occasionally and now moly. Oh and a probiotic. I really do need a good one. I am so sensitive to fillers and such. Thanks.

The moly will help with both acetaldehyde and sulfur.

Yasko suggest 75mcg, so the amount you're taking is in the ballpark. If you go higher, it's possible to drive sulfur too low and that's not good either.

The bad gut bugs such as candida hang onto metals. If you do a gut program which kills the bad bugs, such as the 4R Gut Rebuilding Program linked in my signature below, you will start to detox the mercury.

Many people (and doctors) are under the impression that you can starve out candida with diet - you can't.

You can go further and pursue methylation treatment to get rid of the mercury. (Assuming you have eliminated sources of exposure such as mercury fillings or fish.) Methylation treatment will also help further with gut issues if there are any problems remaining after doing a 4R Program.

If you're not sure what methylation is, see the Methylation Made Easy videos (first link in my signature).

So you think you don't have to go the DMPS or ALA route to remove mercury? I have not started on any of that yet. I'm very scared about all of that but obviously since I had my amalgams by a biological dentist, I still got some in me and think I have to chelate.

caledonia

So you think you don't have to go the DMPS or ALA route to remove mercury? I have not started on any of that yet. I'm very scared about all of that but obviously since I had my amalgams by a biological dentist, I still got some in me and think I have to chelate.

No, mine has all come out via working on the gut, and then methylation - verified by urine toxic metals testing.

Around the same time, my thyroid recovered from 13 years of autoimmune thyroiditis and I got a bit of energy and reduction in PEM, so that all fits together.

It's possible there could be some mercury in my brain and I would need to do the Cutler protocol for that, but I'm going to wait until my detox system is working better before attempting that.

I have had the bursting feeling form both methyl donors and salicylate - would really like to know how to address this

Gondwanaland

I have had the bursting feeling form both methyl donors and salicylate - would really like to know how to address this
Hi Birgitte, welcome to Phoenix Rising!

My salicylate intolerance was apparently linke to high uric acid. In my case taking magnesium oxide helped a lot. You can do a serch for salicylate here on the boards and you will find out more about it.