• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fix Gut First? Or Fix Adrenals First?

I have a severe history of yeast and parasites, which were diagnosed very late. I was left with severe leaky gut and countless food and supplement allergies.

Along the way my adrenals crashed badly , and I am now trying to fix both systems.

Since the gut is where it all started, I have focused on that, but ran into difficulty because die off from probiotics tends to be so severe, it crashes my adrenals even more.

Has anyone dealt with both these issues at once, and found a path forward that was successful?

Regards,
Viking

ahmo

Have a listen to this long webinar while it's still available. I haven't yet heard it, thought I heard an earlier 30" talk w/ the presenter. Oh, maybe this link is only if you'd previously registered...

http://webinarjam.net/webinar/go/replay/9200/b39b7ffb10/accessok/

I think you need to address both issues at once. I hadn't planned it this way, but it turned out that coffee enemas came to be a key part in treating my adrenals as well as detoxxing metals and critters. there's a link to my experiences in my signature.

drob31

LOL@ your avatar. Hilarious.

I have come across a peer reviewed study that suggests that gut bacteria actually control the HPA-axis to a large degree. (I'll have to dig it up).

Martial

Your adrenals don't actually get fatigued, just dysregulated through illness or other accquired conditions. It helps to use adaptogens to boost the HPA axis and support the system but don't buy into any doctor saying you have "Adrenal Burnout". The best thing to do is treat these underlying infections, heal the gut, and take things to regulate cortisol production. Methylation is a great way to help support the whole system while healing the gut, and taking care of infections.

drob31

Your adrenals don't actually get fatigued, just dysregulated through illness or other accquired conditions. It helps to use adaptogens to boost the HPA axis and support the system but don't buy into any doctor saying you have "Adrenal Burnout". The best thing to do is treat these underlying infections, heal the gut, and take things to regulate cortisol production. Methylation is a great way to help support the whole system while healing the gut, and taking care of infections.

I couldn't agree more. It actually took me a long time to learn this.

Also, maybe look into some probiotics like prescript-assist and mutaflor (ask your doctor).

Also, maybe look into some probiotics like prescript-assist and mutaflor (ask your doctor).

Interesting.. these are Soil Based organisms, and mutaflor is a non pathogenic E Coli. Do they tend to produce less severe die off?

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I had success with focusing on adrenals first...as that part of the endocrine system seems tightly connected with so many other key factors (thyroid, sleep, supplement & dieoff tolerance) needed for healing. After I stabilized my adrenals I am now working on mitochondria support, methylation, infection and digestion issues.

My system feels more 'stable' and able to be experimented on, stressed slightly, etc.