• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling weird.

Fuzzyhead

Everytime i get a new symptom or feel different i think something else is going on. My right arm and leg feel odd and different to my right. I keep shaking my arm because it feels strange and i can't sit still because then i freak out at how odd my head feels. My breathing feels shallow and keep thinking if i don't remember to breathe that i won't. My back aches off and it feels like there is a brick in the middle of my back. Keep waking up sweating and odd feelings and sensations.

JAM

Jill
Some of those symptoms sound like heart attack. If I were you I would get checked asap. It may be nothing, but I wouldn't take that chance.

Fuzzyhead

Hi, i don't think it's an heart attack, i thought that was your left arm etc?
What causes high ammonia and low magnesium gondwanaland?

Gondwanaland

I just saw your other thread about doxy - there you have it... Abx lower magnesium. I am not sure about the safety of Mg supplementation while on abx b/c there is a strong interaction between them and I am unfamiliar with the consequences. But I think you should research about it.

On the 2nd chapter of this e-booklet there is a list of drugs which deplete magnesium:
http://gotmag.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/MAG-Booklet-Download.pdf

JAM

Jill
All of those symptoms are classic heart attack, the left arm thing is a myth, it can be either arm. All of those symptoms could also be something else, but I wouldn't take the risk and would get checked out. Once you rule out a heart attack other things can be explored. I had some classic symptoms once and they were nothing, but the ER doc said to always get checked out if new symptoms occur. I know a trip to the ER is draining, but erring on the side of caution is probably a good idea.

PennyIA

From you image? You may be female?

In case you weren't aware of it? 90% of women heart attacks have symptoms opposite of men. I had trouble with my right shoulder/right arm and it was during a pulmonary embolism causing backflow into the heart. They informed me at the ER that I was lucky it didn't progress to heart attack and that the right shoulder/arm is more common for Women.

PennyIA

Right, I just was adding more validation that you can't trust the fact that it's not the left arm as to an indication that it can't be related to heart.

I don't know your age... but I've gone through a couple of 'odd' symptoms and traced back some of them after other things have happened to figure some of them out. And with the exception of the breathing issues (which may end up being panic if the other symptoms concern you) - I have had those same symptoms. A few more... but your list was definitely a subset of mine.

Obviously, what happened to me doesn't mean it's also happening to you... but if there's any clues in here that might help you find something that might apply to you - it might not hurt for me to post them.

I suffered from "odd" right side sensation - my entire right side felt numb-ish, tingly, JUST OFF and DIFFERENT from the other side of my body, in fact I couldn't sense the temperature quite the same - tied to B6 toxicity (of course, this is more theory than anything else as no one could tell me much about resolving b6 toxicity).

At the same time I struggled through episodes of severe dizziness, with blurred vision... while not diagnosed and it resolved on it's own for the most part - I think I am actually suffering through acute periods of dysautonomia or POTS. Not totally sure, but I have those two labels in my back pocket if I struggle with this again to bring up to attempt to get diagnosis.

Severe fatigue, PEM, loss of focus, chronic whole body ache, sore throat, etc. etc... - I'm thinking that this goes back to ME/CFS and until we get diagnostic markers;

Severe left leg cramps - probably most likely magnesium deficiency. NOTHING has helped except epsom salt baths... my magnesium did not get tested until after I started the baths and has tested low normal... I'm not willing to stop the baths long enough to see if it drops my magnesium level as they help very much.

Odd pains in my left side and my left arm - no idea - the worse my leg is? these start hurting. If I can keep the leg from getting so bad (see baths), these never get too bad. -- my theory? Is that I probably had key "past injuries" or "weak points" that when the magnesium deficiency got too bad, they suffered the most. If it had been my hip... then I might have added hip to the list.

Sensation of someone trying to drill a hole in the middle of my upper back with a broom stick - could it have felt like a brick in my back? Absolutely. Turns out it was tied to referred pain from my gall bladder after years of recurrent pain that stopped suddenly upon surgery. I did have two episodes of it returning post-surgery - but acupuncture treated the gall bladder pathway? They were gone immediately upon treatment.

Sudden severe nail through the joint pain in my toes - gout.

Add the ache-y knee from where I had my ACL reconstruction and that's pretty much my list.

Gondwanaland

@PennyIA Please allow me to comment some of your symptoms since I can relate to many of them... ANd have been trying to find all teh pieces to the puzzle...
with the exception of the breathing issues (which may end up being panic if the other symptoms concern you)
Panic is a diagnosis for a symptom and not a cause. I had this and for me it is a symptom of salicylate intolerance and/or high ammonia.
severe dizziness, with blurred vision
I can't relate to the dizziness, but the blurred vision is vary uncomfortable and I suspect high/low B2 and B6 causing it.
dysautonomia or POTS
Again, a diagnosis for symptoms and does not address the cause.
Severe fatigue, PEM, loss of focus, chronic whole body ache, sore throat, etc. etc... - I'm thinking that this goes back to ME/CFS and until we get diagnostic markers
For me those symptoms are caused by specific vitamins/minerals deficiencies + inflammation + toxicity (supplementation stirring up toxins)
Severe left leg cramps - probably most likely magnesium deficiency. NOTHING has helped except epsom salt baths... my magnesium did not get tested until after I started the baths and has tested low normal... I'm not willing to stop the baths long enough to see if it drops my magnesium level as they help very much.
Magnesium is indeed a life-saver. I have read that left-sided cramps are calcium-related though, not sure if it's true.
Sensation of someone trying to drill a hole in the middle of my upper back with a broom stick - could it have felt like a brick in my back? Absolutely. Turns out it was tied to referred pain from my gall bladder after years of recurrent pain that stopped suddenly upon surgery. I did have two episodes of it returning post-surgery - but acupuncture treated the gall bladder pathway? They were gone immediately upon treatment.
I get that and also relate it to high ammonia/salicylate intolerance. In other words, the liver is burdened and can't keep up with the detox pathways.
Sudden severe nail through the joint pain in my toes - gout.
High uric acid for me involves high ammonia and salicylate intolerance = too much for the liver to detox properly. Lots of magnesium helped in my case.
What is your SULT status?

I am sharing my personal interpretation of a similar situation I experienced, and by all means I don't think I found the right answers. I am just beginning my journey in self diagnosis. I finally found a great functional physician who is helping me.

Fuzzyhead

Pennyla, i know i have got a gallstone which they found when i was pregnant but it wasn't very big.

barbc56

The bottom line is that seeing a doctor is imparative.

It may be nothing which will at least reduce your anxiety. If something more serious, you will know what you are dealing with and get any needed medical attention.

Good luck and when you can let us know how you are doing.

Barb