• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Differing Results from round two of B12 therapy

cman89

Howdy there folks, so I am currently on round two of methylation therapy after trying a short trial run earlier this summer. The trial run involved Jarrow Methyl B12 Country Life Adeno B12, Solgar metafolin, Jarrow B complex (as per old recommendations of Freddd) L-carnitine, and coenzyme Q. I saw decent results with it, they were not life changing, but it did seem like my sleep was helped, and i slowly gained a little bit of energy. I hit a flatline rather quickly though, and when my supps ran out, I stopped, to see what would happen. I backslid the most on mood and sleep, but it was not that drastic. Decided to try this process again, with updated recommendations from freddd. I have been on round two for about a week now. Here is what i am taking:
solgar metafolin (one tablet twice a day)
Enzymatic Therapy Methyl b12 (one a day)
Anabol Naturals Adeno B12 (one a day)
Source naturals L-carn (one a day)
Potassium support.
I am not taking a multi due to folic acid content and no b complex. No coenzyme either. My results this round are not nearly the same, and my urine color alone, it does not seem like there is much being passed. I seem to be a little bit more neurally alert and my energy seems to be slightly elevated, but round one seemed to be much more impactful. I remember elated mood and a sense of optimism that I do not have this time. I also have an alternate brand of Methyl B12 that keeps crumbling apart when I try to use it, so I switched to the enzymatic. Am I missing something I had the last time? Am I using ineffective brands? Have I simply filled up my B12 stores two months ago? Some help would be appreciated. i really want to make this work, as it helped me before, and i feel it has promise.

PeterPositive

One minor observation... 1x Enzy tablet delivers 1mg of methyl-B12 while 1x Anabol Naturals delivers 10mg of adeno-B12.

IMHO, you probably need more methyl-B12 than adeno-B12, even though they are both very useful, the former is responsible for an important piece of the methylation cycle (methionine synthase). Adeno-B12 works with energy production in the cells but, as far as I understand it, won't affect your methylation.

To get my methylation going I slowly went from 250mcg to a current dosage of 8mg of Methyl-B12 and I'll probably need more, as I keep seeing improvements as I push the dosage.

Of course everyone is different and my experience could be irrelevant in your case, but in general 1mg is not that high a dose, especially considering that from a sublingual tablet we absorb around 20%.

If you're doing good fine with the current dosages I'd recommend adding more methyl-B12 in small steps and with no rush.

cheers

ahmo

@PeterPositive Where's that smart cat?? ;)

@cman89
I backslid the most on mood and sleep, but it was not that drastic.
This suggests something was working. Fred now suggests taking the AdB12 once/week, on a day without the MB12, for better absorption of both. The levels you're taking of each of the supps you mention is very low. this might have been enough to create some shifts initially, and you might now need to increase those levels. Fred talks about levels, scheduling dosage increases in the Guide linked in my signature. Enzymatic Therapies stilll seems to be the most effective brand. I'm happily using country Life 5mg.

cman89

@PeterPositive Where's that smart cat?? ;)

@cman89
This suggests something was working. Fred now suggests taking the AdB12 once/week, on a day without the MB12, for better absorption of both. The levels you're taking of each of the supps you mention is very low. this might have been enough to create some shifts initially, and you might now need to increase those levels. Fred talks about levels, scheduling dosage increases in the Guide linked in my signature. Enzymatic Therapies stilll seems to be the most effective brand. I'm happily using country Life 5mg.
FYI, I clicked on the lower two links on your signature, and they both came up as the Guide to Fredd's protocol

cman89

One minor observation... 1x Enzy tablet delivers 1mg of methyl-B12 while 1x Anabol Naturals delivers 10mg of adeno-B12.

IMHO, you probably need more methyl-B12 than adeno-B12, even though they are both very useful, the former is responsible for an important piece of the methylation cycle (methionine synthase). Adeno-B12 works with energy production in the cells but, as far as I understand it, won't affect your methylation.

To get my methylation going I slowly went from 250mcg to a current dosage of 8mg of Methyl-B12 and I'll probably need more, as I keep seeing improvements as I push the dosage.

Of course everyone is different and my experience could be irrelevant in your case, but in general 1mg is not that high a dose, especially considering that from a sublingual tablet we absorb around 20%.

If you're doing good fine with the current dosages I'd recommend adding more methyl-B12 in small steps and with no rush.

cheers
I forgot about the dose differences between Methyl B-12's. on the other hand, I switched because the Country Life brand kept dissolving far too rapidly for proper absorbption

ahmo

Thanks @cman89 for telling me about the link. I've redone it, hope it's ok now.

I'm really mystified by the people who say CL dissolves too fast. I put mine in my upper gums, and it's still there and still has red color 2 hours later. I have to scrape the residue off eventually.

optimist

I have ordered these two now:
  • Jarrow Formulas 5mg Methyl B12, under upper lip or tongue for at least 45 minutes for best effectiveness
  • Country Life Dibencozide (adenosylb12) 3mg under upper lip or tongue for at least 45 minutes for best effectiveness
Hope they are OK. We do not have such large ammounts in Norway, so I have to order from the UK. I thought I let them process and ship them while I read up and the HUGE amount of info, amongst others the file in @ahmo 's signature

ahmo

@optimist I'm sorry to inform you just after you've ordered...Jarrow MB12 was rated as no longer "5-star" rating for effectiveness. Although some people this year have found it ok, maybe the formula has changed again.

The best rating continues to be Enzymatic Therapies 1mg. I use Country Life 5mg, which some others find dissolves too quickly to be of use, but it's working for me.

As for AdenoB12, I know of AnabolNaturals Dibencozide, recommended by Fred, which I use. I have no knowledge about other brands.

The current recommendation is to take AdenoB12 once a week, and on that day do not take your MB12. Fred found that both of them absorbed better taking it like this. He recommends 30-50mg. I determine my dosages by self-testing, and having tried both 30 and 50mg, have settled at 40mg, ie 4x 10mg tabs in my upper gum. I find thse dissolve so slowly that I need to crack them w/ my teeth after awhile to encourage dissolution.

Your avatar is somehow very optimistic. I smile whenever I see him.
sun-smiley.gif

cman89

I must be missing something here, because I cannot, for the life of me, get the tablets to not dissolve extremely rapidly. ????