• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

David Tuller NewYork Times article

Sean

From Tuller's article:

Dr. Zeineh said reduced white matter in patients was consistent with the hypothesis that brain inflammation plays a role in the illness.

“If there is widespread inflammation going on, that could explain many of the symptoms,” he said.

Hence myalgic encephalomyelitis.

Surely?

;)

bel canto

He also tied in the disputes with IOM and P2C (Pathways to Corruption)- all in all, he is truly listening.
I agree, Katie, he is listening. At the Stanford conference last spring, he talked about how difficult it is to get anything on this subject published, so I am particularly grateful at his continuing efforts on our behalf.

And glad to see his mention of participants in the IOM and P2C that are unqualified to be making recommendations.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
For many patients, the primary symptom is not just fatigue but more specifically postexertional malaise, the total depletion of energy after even minimal amounts of activity. Sleep disorders, lapses in cognitive function, and muscle pain are also common. Some patients remain virtually bedbound for long periods.

And he got that in! To a blog on the NYT. Brilliant.

Gemini

David Tuller has just authored a piece in the New York Times about the recent brain findings from Japan and Stanford. It is concise, get to the point and well written. give it some traffic and share widely

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/...isorder/?smid=tw-nytimeshealth&seid=auto&_r=0

More good news!

The article is also featured in the print version of today's New York Times & is Podcast.

See the Science Times section "Brain Clues to a Baffling Disorder" by David Tuller

catly

Another Thank You to David Tuller! I believe this is the second article in less than a year from him in support of the relevant non biased news regarding MECFS.

Please click on the article, login in to provide comments and/or "like" those you like. Let's show Mr. Tuller that we appreciate his attention.